Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Is that $200 per calendar year or cardmember year?
It's per cardmember year.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Is that $200 per calendar year or cardmember year?
Originally Posted by swonder
It's per cardmember year.
Yes it is per cardmember year. The best loophole was how you could get 2x $200 in your first cardmember year and then ditch the card.... shame they finally caught on.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AC SE
This card has just added a new perk: "$200 Air Canada eGift Card when you spend a total of $6,000 in purchases in the first six months of Cardmembership."
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:02 am

I found myself wondering this: If you get this card and use the eGift Card to book a flight (paying the balance with the card), do you then void most or all of the insurance that comes with the card? After all, most of it specifies that you must fully charge your travel to the card to be eligible for the insurance.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Anyone else still have this card?

Have you been offered anything to help compensate not being able to use most of the features?

Amex is offering quite a lot to Platinum cardmembers -multiple $250 credits, etc... I haven't received much from Amex, a short extension of Partner Ticket redemption is about it.

Ron.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by newfbc
Anyone else still have this card?

Have you been offered anything to help compensate not being able to use most of the features?

Amex is offering quite a lot to Platinum cardmembers -multiple $250 credits, etc... I haven't received much from Amex, a short extension of Partner Ticket redemption is about it.

Ron.
Multiple $250 credits on the Platinum card? What? I've received no credits, just the double miles offer and regular Amex Offers merchant things.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Multiple $250 credits on the Platinum card? What? I've received no credits, just the double miles offer and regular Amex Offers merchant things.
There is one for $250 credit for $250 spend at Dell (Business Plat)
also $250 credit for $250 spend at mobile providers (Business Plat)
and a new one for $250 credit for $250 spend for essentials (Personal Plat)

Ron.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
There is one for $250 credit for $250 spend at Dell (Business Plat)
also $250 credit for $250 spend at mobile providers (Business Plat)
and a new one for $250 credit for $250 spend for essentials (Personal Plat)
I'm not sure whether those are part of the regular Amex Offers flow or a special COVID thing. I hadn't seen the "essentials" one, which was disappointingly limited, seeing as how I never shop at any of those places.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm not sure whether those are part of the regular Amex Offers flow or a special COVID thing. I hadn't seen the "essentials" one, which was disappointingly limited, seeing as how I never shop at any of those places.
The essentials offer is great. You can go to Sobeys for example, buy $250 in gift cards for anywhere.. and get a credit for the full amount.

Ron.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:26 am

The essentials offer is great. You can go to Sobeys for example, buy $250 in gift cards for anywhere.. and get a credit for the full amount.
It's a great offer, don't get me wrong. It's just going to require me to spend the better part of an hour (round trip) in the car to take advantage of it.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:28 am

it does say pre paid cards dont count in the T&C's but guessing they cant tell
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:22 am

Finally received a decent offer!

Spend $200 get 10000 Aeroplan
Register your Card and spend by 31/07/2020. Earn 10,000 bonus Aeroplan®* Miles with a single purchase or cumulative qualifying purchases of at least $200 using your registered Card between 29/06/2020 and 31/07/2020.

Ron.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Has anyone received the AMEX Aeroplus Platinum card buddy pass yet?

I already had an AMEX Aeroplus Platinum/AMEX reserve card on Nov 8 - so I could not get it that way.
So I already had a TD VISA infinite card -I switched to Nov 8 to a TD VISA Infinite Privilege on that day.
I spent at least $10,000 on that card between Nov 8 and Dec 22 (date of next TD statement).
I got he 40,000 welcome Aeroplan points (I would have received 50,000 points, if I did not already have the TD VISA infinite card).

So I presume I would get the buddy pass display on my aeroplan account (web site)? Not yet.

When should I expect it?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I already had an AMEX Aeroplus Platinum/AMEX reserve card on Nov 8 - so I could not get it that way.
So I already had a TD VISA infinite card -I switched to Nov 8 to a TD VISA Infinite Privilege on that day.
I spent at least $10,000 on that card between Nov 8 and Dec 22 (date of next TD statement).
I got he 40,000 welcome Aeroplan points (I would have received 50,000 points, if I did not already have the TD VISA infinite card).

So I presume I would get the buddy pass display on my aeroplan account (web site)? Not yet.

When should I expect it?
I got mine from CIBC as soon as I made my first purchase. Others haven't received the TD one.

No idea on the timing, I'm afraid. I believe it was discussed in another thread as well.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
I have one in my account but I already had a bunch of cards. I didn't get a new one. It appeared January 1at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.