Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 2019 Investor Day

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Viporter Priority
Slide 103 they officially recognize Air Canada rouge is the worst among competitors

They even brag about the fact they pack 10 more seats on their AC rouge aircrafts than their low
cost competitors...
mellon likes this.

Last edited by mapleric; Mar 3, 2019 at 5:51 pm Reason: Add picture
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mapleric
They even brag about the fact they pack 10 more seats on their AC rouge aircrafts than their low
cost competitors...
Interesting conclusion. Using your logic I guess any 777 configured with more than 50 seats is more “packed” than a DH3.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by 5mm

Where are you getting your info from? Currently, there is only 1 aircraft being flight tested and 1 waiting for flight testing. Plus, the number of aircraft on the final production line is actual down.
Statements made and the AC media event that was held at Mirabel to which I referenced. AC was quite certain they were on schedule. However, I again emphasize that no one at the plant is calling me up to brief me. If you say they have the numbers wrong, ok.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:47 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Statements made and the AC media event that was held at Mirabel to which I referenced. AC was quite certain they were on schedule. However, I again emphasize that no one at the plant is calling me up to brief me. If you say they have the numbers wrong, ok.
Thier financial statement only talked about receiving 1 A220 by year end, not all the other stuff about A220 production you were talking about. I only question if they would receive their aircraft by year end.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by mapleric
cost competitors...
Not sure why you all hate on rouge. The point was to bring the cost down and increase company profitability. The birds they are flying are not that bad and honestly I don't notice much of a difference in Y whether it's rouge or mainline. The fact rouge is mostly leisure routes helps keep those costs down.

It's probably only miserable on the TATL overnights with crying babies. None of us complain on the flights to the carribean.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jazzsax
Not sure why you all hate on rouge. The point was to bring the cost down and increase company profitability. The birds they are flying are not that bad and honestly I don't notice much of a difference in Y whether it's rouge or mainline. The fact rouge is mostly leisure routes helps keep those costs down.

It's probably only miserable on the TATL overnights with crying babies. None of us complain on the flights to the carribean.
The hate on Rogue comes from several sources:
  1. The service offering on Rogue Y vs Mainline is limited (i.e. no booze on TATL flights)
  2. The "hard" product can be exceptionally hard (i.e. I could barely sit for more than an hour on my TATL Rogue flight to MAN)
  3. Often there is no alternative to Rogue on many destinations, even those already served by mainline (i.e. SFO)
  4. The cost of a Rogue fare is often more than the mainline alternative
As others have pointed, Rogue is a high profit, high cost airline. To call it low cost is misleading! It's one thing if you fly Rogue short haul, it's a whole other thing if you're on the flight for 7-12 hours as some flights are these days!

-James
Symmetre likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:24 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by j2simpso
  1. The service offering on Rogue Y vs Mainline is limited (i.e. no booze on TATL flight
-James
I guess it better than WS, where you don't get any food. What I like flying Rouge over mainline is the PY on TATL.. You get better service on Rouge over mainline PY.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
  1. The service offering on Rogue Y vs Mainline is limited (i.e. no booze on TATL flights)
  2. The "hard" product can be exceptionally hard (i.e. I could barely sit for more than an hour on my TATL Rogue flight to MAN)
  3. Often there is no alternative to Rogue on many destinations, even those already served by mainline (i.e. SFO)
  4. The cost of a Rogue fare is often more than the mainline alternative
As others have pointed, Rogue is a high profit, high cost airline. To call it low cost is misleading! It's one thing if you fly Rogue short haul, it's a whole other thing if you're on the flight for 7-12 hours as some flights are these days!

-James
+1
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by 5mm
Hopefully, but that would most likely push AC delivery into 2020. Time will tell.
Delivery slots are a marketable asset. If Air Canada thinks they can swap 4 A/C from the top of the schedule to the bottom and fly e190s a few months longer before their last flight to worthless desert garbage, and could get $fuel_savings+1 out of it, then they would for sure consider it.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:22 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Delivery slots are a marketable asset. If Air Canada thinks they can swap 4 A/C from the top of the schedule to the bottom and fly e190s a few months longer before their last flight to worthless desert garbage, and could get $fuel_savings+1 out of it, then they would for sure consider it.
What happens if AC can't keep the E190 longer? Since they don't own them anymore, maybe there scheduled to go to another airline.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
I guess it better than WS, where you don't get any food.
I wouldn't fly TS, WS, PD internationally under any circumstances, they're barely acceptable for regional travel. For one thing, AC and even Rogue offers the * benefits I've come to enjoy like lounge access, extra baggage allowance, VIP status in the event of IRROPs. However, TP also offers these benefits and their fares are significantly under Rogue's prices to Europe (I've been seeing sub $500 roundtrip fares to Europe with them). The only down side to flying them is it's a real crapshoot if you'll be booked in a fare class that ends up earning you miles.

Originally Posted by 5mm
What I like flying Rouge over mainline is the PY on TATL.. You get better service on Rouge over mainline PY.
I do hear great things about Premium Rogue cabin in terms of value. Unsure if I'll ever try them unless the price is right!

-James
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I love how "Rouge" keeps getting spell-checked to "Rogue".

Very Freudian.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:18 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I love how "Rouge" keeps getting spell-checked to "Rogue".

Very Freudian.
I think it's a finger thing, along with a brain fart. Easier to type.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:20 pm
5mm
Suspended

I do hear great things about Premium Rogue cabin in terms of value. Unsure if I'll ever try them unless the price is right!

-James
Maybe it's time to live a little!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by 5mm
What happens if AC can't keep the E190 longer? Since they don't own them anymore, maybe there scheduled to go to another airline.
Do they? IDK. Then whatever they can hold on to, you get my point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.