Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to Introduce Dreamliner Service on Flights between Toronto and Honolulu

AC to Introduce Dreamliner Service on Flights between Toronto and Honolulu

Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

Doubt we will see anything under 2.5K R/T from AC. But hey.. not a bad reward redemption.
​​​
Do you think there will be any availability upfront? It would be a great use of 68k ANA miles.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Do you think there will be any availability upfront? It would be a great use of 68k ANA miles.
Unlikely without IKK.. there are already Air Canada 763s going there direct flights and I see it sold out our extremely expansive most of the time.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Ah yes, think this changed recently? Had forgotten about the change. Thanks for correction. Even in Sept 2018 when I last travelled to HNL, it was still Rouge.
It's a bit of a hybrid, given all Hawaii routes ex-YVR are on the 737 Max: mainline service under Rouge conditions.
Santander and eigenvector like this.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Feb 27, 2019 at 10:36 am Reason: 2 moot questions deleted, given that 763s currently serve the route.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has been a while since I flew YYZ/HNL non stop. Last time was on Canadian,IIRC
Customs clearance outbound was at HNL at that time.
Will customs clearance outbound be at YYZ now?
Interesting that R=0 outbound but R9 on return on 1st flight
No Z class either outbound
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Has been a while since I flew YYZ/HNL non stop. Last time was on Canadian,IIRC Customs clearance outbound was at HNL at that time.
Will customs clearance outbound be at YYZ now?
Why would HNL be any different than any other US destination? The only reason you wouldnt preclear in YYZ would be if the flight departed outside of regular hours for preclearance, but with a 16:30 departure time I doubt thats the case.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:59 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
It's a bit of a hybrid, given all Hawaii routes ex-YVR are on the 737 Max: mainline service under Rouge conditions.

I have flown to HI 3x since US Thanks Giving. Mainline aircraft are nicer, but the service on Rouge was better. All 6 flights, service has been below average at best. For a 6 hour flight, J food is not the same level as a Dom flight of 3 hours or more.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Bit late in seeing this... but this is just super(califragilisticexpialidocious).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.