Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to Introduce Dreamliner Service on Flights between Toronto and Honolulu

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...868848167.html

MONTREAL, Feb. 27, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today that it will operate its seasonal service between Toronto and Honolulu next winter with its state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Customers travelling between Toronto and Hawaii will have the option to fly in Air Canada's Signature cabin, featuring fully lie-flat suites, meals prepared by celebrated Canadian chef David Hawksworth and other amenities.

"Air Canada is pleased to offer customers travelling between Toronto and Hawaii the added comfort of service aboard our state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Air Canada is the only airline flying non-stop from Eastern Canada to Hawaii and the superior comfort of the Dreamliner, featuring Air Canada Signature Service, perfectly suits this ultimate dream vacation destination, particularly as many premium Hawaii customers connect from European and other long-haul flights," said Mark Galardo, Vice President, Network Planning at Air Canada.

Dreamliner service will be available on the Toronto-Honolulu route beginning December 14, 2019and will operate three return-trips weekly until April 26, 2020. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner offers three cabins of service, Air Canada Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy. The flights will connect conveniently across Air Canada's network in North America and Europe. Customers can also collect and redeem Aeroplan Miles through Canada's leading loyalty program when travelling with Air Canada, and eligible customers have access to priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounges, priority boarding and other benefits.Flight
Departs
Arrives
Days of Week
AC589
Toronto 16:35
Honolulu 21:30
Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
AC590
Honolulu 23:05
Toronto 12:30 + 1 day
Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
'Air Canada Signature Service customers receive priority service at every stage of the journey, including access to select airport concierge services, expedited check-in and security clearance, priority baggage handling and boarding. Customers will also enjoy lounge access at both Toronto-Pearson and Honolulu. Onboard, the service includes: next generation lie-flat suites with mattress pads to enhance sleeping comfort; Hawksworth menu items; a wine selection chosen by Air Canada sommelier Véronique Rivest; and Lavazza espresso and cappuccino.

In addition to announcing the introduction of Dreamliner service on its Toronto-Honolulu route, Air Canada today also announced three new seasonal services. These include: Toronto-Quito; Vancouver-Auckland; and Montréal-Săo Paulo. For more details please see aircanada.com/media
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
This pleases me
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
UA has fares around $1300 CAD RT for YYZ-HNL in J. It will be interesting to see how AC competes on price.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sram
UA has fares around $1300 CAD RT for YYZ-HNL in J. It will be interesting to see how AC competes on price.
True but not all flights are lie flat on UA, you have to pick the right flights. I doubt AC will come anywhere close to that price.
Plumber likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Definitely an improvement over flying Rouge (on YVR-HNL segment).
And I bet they'll charge a premium for the non-stop service, as UA flights are usually connecting flights (1 or 2 stops) based on my experience.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Nice. Price permitting as always that is. There are limits to ones willingness to pay a premium for lie flats on a direct routing for many of us, even irrespective of pancakes.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
This pleases me
Flights departing ex-YYZ at 18:30 on Thu/Fri and arriving ex-HNL at 8:00 on Mon/Tue would please me even more.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by vernonc
True but not all flights are lie flat on UA, you have to pick the right flights. I doubt AC will come anywhere close to that price.
Got AA lie flat for 1.4K Cad all in R/T ( via ORD) and leaving this Saturday. Meanwhile AC was trying to charge more for the direct flight (900 O/W).. in Economy.

Doubt we will see anything under 2.5K R/T from AC. But hey.. not a bad reward redemption.
​​​
JoePendleton and sram like this.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 27, 2019 at 7:39 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
YYZ to UA hub to HNL is not comparative in pricing vs. AC hub to HNL. AC's will be higher.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Repooc17
YYZ to UA hub to HNL is not comparative in pricing vs. AC hub to HNL. AC's will be higher.
I am seeing R/T prices on AC for this service around $3,500 vs $2,300 for 1-connection itineraries through YVR on narrowbody jets.
Very good value per mile on AP redemption!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Agreed. But AC is adding real value with a non-stop, they can justifiably command a premium for this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:31 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Definitely an improvement over flying Rouge (on YVR-HNL segment).
The route is mainline.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by 5mm
The route is mainline.
Ah yes, think this changed recently? Had forgotten about the change. Thanks for correction. Even in Sept 2018 when I last travelled to HNL, it was still Rouge.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Ah yes, think this changed recently? Had forgotten about the change. Thanks for correction. Even in Sept 2018 when I last travelled to HNL, it was still Rouge.
There is currently no Rouge service to Hawaii. All service has transitioned back to Mainline.
canadiancow and expert7700 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Does anyone hold out hope that there will be an upgauge on YVR-HNL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.