Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What will happen to the 767-300ER routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will happen to the 767-300ER routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lespoir
It has been said that AC 9/10 will be seasonal routes on 763 metals (I was told by the YYC concierge over a week ago on a departing flight that AC 9/10 would only be seasonal routes on 763). I don’t want to fly 763s, so no way I will support their decision on 763 aircrafts.

They are currently seasonal on those frames - question is what will happen once the frames are retired.

The 763s are still a nice ride in Y, especially with the two abreast seating.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jcamp028
They are currently seasonal on those frames - question is what will happen once the frames are retired.

The 763s are still a nice ride in Y, especially with the two abreast seating.
AC9/10 is occasionally operated by 788, I think they will use 788 instead.

As as for the Y seats, 7 years ago I routinely do TPAC Y in them, and it was bearable.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
When those AC 767 retire don't they go to Rouge?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I vaguely recall that they sent the newer 767's to Rouge and kept the oldest ones for mainline. It didn't make sense to reconfigure birds that only had a few years of life left. I could be wrong though.
cedric likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by songsc

AC9/10 is occasionally operated by 788, I think they will use 788 instead.

As as for the Y seats, 7 years ago I routinely do TPAC Y in them, and it was bearable.
Better solution would be to follow the lead of TAP Air Portugal. Take some of the A321 LR configure them with proper international business class. TAP is doing it between Portugal and Brazil. AC can do it between Ottawa and Europe.

AC getting some delivery slots for the A321 LR with its Air Transit purchase.
RatherBeInYOW likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Better solution would be to follow the lead of TAP Air Portugal. Take some of the A321 LR configure them with proper international business class. TAP is doing it between Portugal and Brazil. AC can do it between Ottawa and Europe.

AC getting some delivery slots for the A321 LR with its Air Transit purchase.
Although I am waiting to see the schedule for July 2020, I'd say that one potential scenario for YOW is the loss of YOW-FRA with all TATL traffic on an upgaged A330 to LHR - even if FRA is a better connection point for many European destinations... I don't disagree thought that the potential addition of TS could be a bit of a game changer - but will be interesting to see how Rouge and TS eventually co-exists and how this impact AC's overall fleet strategy
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
The 767's left at mainline are going to time out from a cycles and miles perspective. They are going to the desert once they are done at mainline. My last transatlantic flight on one of them (to Dublin in January) made it pretty clear they are done. Duct tape and such in all sorts of places holding things together.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
The 767's left at mainline are going to time out from a cycles and miles perspective. They are going to the desert once they are done at mainline. My last transatlantic flight on one of them (to Dublin in January) made it pretty clear they are done. Duct tape and such in all sorts of places holding things together.
At lest that seemed to be the plan. But what if the Max gets further delayed? Smart money is now on back some time next year.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
At lest that seemed to be the plan. But what if the Max gets further delayed? Smart money is now on back some time next year.
I meant that they aren't going to Rouge. I don't disagree that they may be extended to cover for the Max. AC was supposed to have 36 Max's in service by now - that is a lot of flying that needs to be covered. It seems unlikely that the Max will be back flying this year. I suspect Airbuses that were also meant to be withdrawn (and potentially the jungle jets) will remain longer.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I know this isn't a rouge thread but if those 767 are simply going to the desert and retirement than might I ask what will replace the tired and old 763 in use on the mostly international rouge lines?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:15 pm

I know this isn't a rouge thread but if those 767 are simply going to the desert and retirement than might I ask what will replace the tired and old 763 in use on the mostly international rouge lines?
Who knows - nothing in the short term. Mid-term could be used A330’s (of which there are many coming off lease at many carriers) and possibly more A321’s (including possibly A321LR/XLR. Long-term maybe the 797 (if Boeing builds it - they have their hands full atm). Have a feeling we’ve got 5 more years of flying them.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who knows - nothing in the short term. Mid-term could be used A330’s (of which there are many coming off lease at many carriers) and possibly more A321’s (including possibly A321LR/XLR. Long-term maybe the 797 (if Boeing builds it - they have their hands full atm). Have a feeling we’ve got 5 more years of flying them.
It looks like it is the mainline 763s that are meant to go to the desert; AC psecifically picked the oder ones to stay at the mainline. The Rouge ones are newer and presumably they were always here to stay longer.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
It looks like it is the mainline 763s that are meant to go to the desert; AC psecifically picked the oder ones to stay at the mainline. The Rouge ones are newer and presumably they were always here to stay longer.
I wonder if they are reaching their maximum number of cycles, or whether they just have D-checks coming up. If it's the D-checks, perhaps given the aircraft shortage and the real possibility of passing the cost onto Boeing, AC might decide to keep them longer. (Just wondering here ... I have no idea.)
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
I wonder if they are reaching their maximum number of cycles, or whether they just have D-checks coming up. If it's the D-checks, perhaps given the aircraft shortage and the real possibility of passing the cost onto Boeing, AC might decide to keep them longer. (Just wondering here ... I have no idea.)
Highly doubt AC would complete D-Checks on an aircraft that old. D-Check basically requires the aircraft be taken apart and put back together. It would make no sense to do that for 6 months of flying. It's more likely they would wet-lease (as they have done with Qatar) or have Rouge fill in (as they have done with many of the transcons between YYC/YEG and YYZ).
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:05 pm

Highly doubt AC would complete D-Checks on an aircraft that old. D-Check basically requires the aircraft be taken apart and put back together. It would make no sense to do that for 6 months of flying. It's more likely they would wet-lease (as they have done with Qatar) or have Rouge fill in (as they have done with many of the transcons between YYC/YEG and YYZ).
Assuming they can find more planes to wet lease and the Rouge planes aren't committed to operate other flights or scheduled for maintenance. Or maybe they just cut back on flights in the off-season. It seems that we're nowhere near getting the MAX back into the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.