Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada launches YVR-AKL route

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tullupump
Thanks for your reply. I realize NZ is closed right now but am hoping that by next year they will open up travel for US citizens. Right now I am just doing some planning to see which airline may have availability. The AC YVR-AKL flight looked like a good possibility in the March -April 2022 timeframe and it was available last month. I guess they have suspended it.

Thanks for the info. Will keep looking to see if they open it up again.
I was supposed to meet some friends in AU... in 2020.... moved to 2021 and so it goes.

I pay more attention to what the local governments say than what travel bloggers and airline or travel sites say, simply because they are the ones making the decisions. Even until recently (as per other threads here on AC FT), people not only booked tickets to AU (as AC was still showing November flights for 2 of their 3 routes). I prefer to know that AC will be flying things other than mail and bees and perhaps some nice wines before I spend me time looking for flights to places that have a limit or zero entry policy.

I appreciate that you are trying to plan for the future. I imagine airlines everywhere are tying to to the same.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 24left
I was supposed to meet some friends in AU... in 2020.... moved to 2021 and so it goes.

I pay more attention to what the local governments say than what travel bloggers and airline or travel sites say, simply because they are the ones making the decisions. Even until recently (as per other threads here on AC FT), people not only booked tickets to AU (as AC was still showing November flights for 2 of their 3 routes). I prefer to know that AC will be flying things other than mail and bees and perhaps some nice wines before I spend me time looking for flights to places that have a limit or zero entry policy.

I appreciate that you are trying to plan for the future. I imagine airlines everywhere are tying to to the same.
That's probably a smart thing to do. Good advice!
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tullupump
Thanks for your reply. I realize NZ is closed right now but am hoping that by next year they will open up travel for US citizens. Right now I am just doing some planning to see which airline may have availability. The AC YVR-AKL flight looked like a good possibility in the March -April 2022 timeframe and it was available last month. I guess they have suspended it.

Thanks for the info. Will keep looking to see if they open it up again.
That's your answer.
NZ Govt has budgeted that the 14 day mandatory isolation will continue mid June 2022. NZ Govt policy is "elimination". That will not happen. NZ will not have all the population who want/eligible to have a jab complete by year end.
AU Govt is building more 14 day mandatory isolation facilities that will not be complete until next year. AU Govt policy is "suppression". AU may have all the population who want/eligible to have a jab complete by year end, but unlikely. The AU fed Govt (& NSW) are making noises about easier exit-entry to AU for some, based on vaccination, where coming from etc. --->link
AU may be opened in a limited way Q2 2022. IMHO NZ will be several months behind AU in opening up.

Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]
New Zealand’s response to Covid-19 [was Soft closing of NZ Border]

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 3, 2021 at 4:46 pm Reason: Added link
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
It saddens me that I have no idea when I will be back in Australia/NZ
YVRtoYYZ and Yul_voyager like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.