Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
SDC Circular Routing

delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 23, 2020 at 9:23 pm
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
If it's not allowed in the YVR-HKG fare routing rules (YVR-YYZ-HKG is not allowed) and there are no severe weather advisory or IRROPS, your chances of doing this is non-existent, unless you want to pay extra (because it will most likely be send to ticketing/rates desk for validation).
skybluesea likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYT82
If it's not allowed in the YVR-HKG fare routing rules (YVR-YYZ-HKG is not allowed) and there are no severe weather advisory or IRROPS, your chances of doing this is non-existent, unless you want to pay extra (because it will most likely be send to ticketing/rates desk for validation).
It's an SDC, not a reissue of the ticket.

Some more extreme examples I've seen done:
YYZ-YVR -> YYZ-SFO-YVR
YVR-SFO -> YVR-YYZ-SFO
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I recently tried to do a SDC from YVR-HKG to YVR-YYZ-HKG to no avail; the multiple agents whom I asked said that it was not a permitted routing so a reissue of the ticket would be required.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's an SDC, not a reissue of the ticket.

Some more extreme examples I've seen done:
YYZ-YVR -> YYZ-SFO-YVR
YVR-SFO -> YVR-YYZ-SFO
How did AC allow YYZ-SFO-YVR?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by splicer100
How did AC allow YYZ-SFO-YVR?
A lot of people seem to confuse "what's permitted" with "what's easy to get someone to do".

In DCS, there is a lot of flexibility, because airport agents are generally working to get people and planes moving as quickly as possible. You're booked YYZ-YVR in K, but want to fly YYZ-HKG in J? That can be done. It will be audited, but it can be done.

YYZ-SFO-YVR adds 47% to the mileage, so it's not even in the category of "ridiculous".

And I'm not even convinced it's not permitted.

I've had trouble SDCing SFO-YYZ to SFO-YVR-YYZ, and that's a valid routing. Adding segments is hard. That's the only roadblock I would expect someone to regularly encounter for these types of situations.
splicer100 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by marke190
I recently tried to do a SDC from YVR-HKG to YVR-YYZ-HKG to no avail; the multiple agents whom I asked said that it was not a permitted routing so a reissue of the ticket would be required.
Thank you for confirming, that's my experience as well. Unless IRROPS or travel advisories are involved, the original fare routing rules dictates the SDC routing. YYZ-HKG to YYZ-YEG/YYC/YWG-YVR-HKG is fine, but YVR-HKG to YVR-YYZ-HKG is not.
marke190 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.