Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is SE priority rewards officially dead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is SE priority rewards officially dead?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
J is always capacity controlled.

J14 Y132 on a 320 means you can IKK 132 Y seats, but not necessarily any J seats. It's highly likely there'd be a bunch available, but none guaranteed per the published benefits.
Thanks for confirming. Just out of curiosity, which bucket does IKK draw from within NA? Is it R?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Thanks for confirming. Just out of curiosity, which bucket does IKK draw from within NA? Is it R?
It's not a publicly accessible bucket, but it tends to correlate with R (i.e. seats they're willing to give away for free).
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I had one priority reward left for the 2018 benefit year as of yesterday. I did not use it yet and plan to use it tomorrow, as tomorrow is still February. My 2018 priority reward was taken away from me today. In which time zone does Aeroplan operate? Even in New Zealand, it is still February 28th as I write this post.
expert7700 and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by YYT82
I had one priority reward left for the 2018 benefit year as of yesterday. I did not use it yet and plan to use it tomorrow, as tomorrow is still February. My 2018 priority reward was taken away from me today. In which time zone does Aeroplan operate? Even in New Zealand, it is still February 28th as I write this post.
That's odd but weren't the unused rewards carried over from one year to the next? Just noticed that my mine have also been reduced to 10 rewards.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
To the experts out there,

Im really confused which is true. I just called AP to make a priority reward flight in economy class YUL - FRA for my SO.

But am told if im not travelling with him, i cant make a priority reward booking even in economy class for intl flights.

So is this the new policy? Really confused what the actual policy is. upthread thought it is ok.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by supatight80

Im really confused which is true. I just called AP to make a priority reward flight in economy class YUL - FRA for my SO.

But am told if im not travelling with him, i cant make a priority reward booking even in economy class for intl flights.

So is this the new policy? Really confused what the actual policy is. upthread thought it is ok.
HUCA
From the Altitude Priority Rewards website:

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Signature Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year. ** Immediate family members are defined as a spouse (legally married, common-law partner or same sex) and up to five dependant children (up to and including the age of 24,
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Why not just do it online?

I've had agents tell me I can't IKK a flight for someone else when I'm on the same booking.

They're not all well-versed in these matters. Avoid calling at all costs.
sram, canopus27 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why not just do it online?

I've had agents tell me I can't IKK a flight for someone else when I'm on the same booking.

They're not all well-versed in these matters. Avoid calling at all costs.
Coz im afraid when my bf checks in, they wont let him. And theyll say "i told you so". If i do it over the phone, at least it is the agent's fault for booking it
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Coz im afraid when my bf checks in, they wont let him. And theyll say "i told you so". If i do it over the phone, at least it is the agent's fault for booking it
The cow is right (but of course he is ), this is entirely legal -- and you are far better off booking it online.

Even if the ticket was issued in error, I think once your BF has the ticket then no one is likely to trouble him at checkin .... but in this case, that's not even a remote worry as it's completely within the rules.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:07 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just had a happy Priority Rewards / Aeroplan experience.

I needed two seats YVR - SYD one way for early next year but pickings were slim last night and could only book one of us (me) on a nonstop using Priority Awards. So I did just that, hoping for some additional inventory in the future rather than booking both of us on a 37 hour torture trek with two stops.

I wake up this morning, check Aeroplan and see that there's at least one other seat in J now available, called in and got Ms. Boh on the same flight, also using Priority Awards. Sure I had to pay the $30 call-in fee but with less than two minutes on hold and five minutes to make the booking, I'm a happy cat.

So I'd say Priority Rewards work just fine, at least this time and for me.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Used Priority award for Mrs.acysb87 booking yesterday. Could see the seats (j) in R booking class but could not do it online.
Called in and was told there were issues with system. Gave all 6 segments to agent who booked ,and OK. She was required to charge the fee for booking.
I asked why as I was told there were issues and not do-able online. Her response was she would need to walk me though it all and try again if I did not
pay the fee. My answer was my time, and hers, was not worth the 45 minutes it would take us to go though it all again. Sheesh!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:14 am

Could use some advice on booking an award. This year I will, for the first time in many years, make SE. Should be early recognition but only just. I need to book a business class I seat from LHR-YYZ in June 2020 for my wife. I could likely do so in a couple of weeks when regular availabliity is loaded. Of course I will pay the $700+ YQ. Or I can wait until I hit SE and do in early November, and avoid the YQ. I am not that familiar with the new IKK, is it likely I will find a seat on a particular date 7 months out (flexibility on which flight) or better just to book sooner? Guessing I could also cancel and rebook etc. Any insights appreciated.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Could use some advice on booking an award. This year I will, for the first time in many years, make SE. Should be early recognition but only just. I need to book a business class I seat from LHR-YYZ in June 2020 for my wife. I could likely do so in a couple of weeks when regular availabliity is loaded. Of course I will pay the $700+ YQ. Or I can wait until I hit SE and do in early November, and avoid the YQ. I am not that familiar with the new IKK, is it likely I will find a seat on a particular date 7 months out (flexibility on which flight) or better just to book sooner? Guessing I could also cancel and rebook etc. Any insights appreciated.
Seven months should normally be OK, but I am not too familiar with that specific route. For example, early June I booked itineraries that included CDG-YYZ, and YYZ-AMS; I believe YYC-FRA was also available which is a tough one, but did not work out because of the next leg. This said, indeed booking first and cancelling later if/when an IKK option comes up sounds like good insurance. Especially if reaching the Aeroplan status which lowers the change/cancel price.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
If you have a little bit of time flexibility next June, you should be OK. There are so many flights, I've never had a problem finding a J seat, even since I moved down to 50K.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by acysb87
Used Priority award for Mrs.acysb87 booking yesterday. Could see the seats (j) in R booking class but could not do it online.
Called in and was told there were issues with system. Gave all 6 segments to agent who booked ,and OK. She was required to charge the fee for booking.
I asked why as I was told there were issues and not do-able online. Her response was she would need to walk me though it all and try again if I did not
pay the fee. My answer was my time, and hers, was not worth the 45 minutes it would take us to go though it all again. Sheesh!
Has it been confirmed that R space is equal to Priority rewards in J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.