Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC-UA mixed itinerary AP flight was just changed by UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, *G, Marriott Platinum

Last October I booked three flights for J to SYD through AE on AC-UA metal for travel this upcoming September. The routing was supposed to be YYZ-IAH-SYD and return SYD-LAX-YYZ, with the TPAC portions in J.

When I looked at my UA itinerary yesterday, using the UA lookup code, the routes have been changed to YYZ-IAH-LAX-SYD and SYD-SFO-LAX-YYZ. It looks like the IAH-SYD flight is no longer serving on my departure day now.

The funny thing is, if I enter the AC booking reference, the changed UA portions are not even reflected yet. I have not received any e-mails from Aeroplan like I normally do about schedule changes. Should I be contacting Aeroplan to see if they can help me with improving the routing? I am traveling with two senior parents and want the fewest stops possible but still be on J across the Pacific. I've never booked a year in advance before and knew there could be some challenges. Suggestions from others who have gone through this process?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. Only AE can change the ticket at this point. Before you call, do some research as to what you want. In particular, take a look at YYZ-LAX options. UA autorebook only picks up where UA takes over as the operating carrier, thus at IAH.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Sounds like OP is caught up in UA's seasonal retrenchment to Australia, discussed here:

UA changes for Australia - seasonal reductions IAH/LAX, adding SFO-MEL

Knowing which services are operating on which days will be helpful before making changes. By changing travel dates by one day, for example, OP might be able to keep the original itinerary's routing, if that's more important than the dates of travel.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There should be no issue cutting out IAH on the outbound and LAX on the return, thus eliminating a stop and ensuring a pod on every segment.
D582 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I 've yet to see an email from Aeroplan on a partner change.

This one should be simple. Have AC put you on their metal to LAX, they can open up space on their own flights easily.

Remember no extra fees/taxes/scamcharge are due by you.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

On the phone with AE right now and they say they don't even see the changes in my booking. How can that be? I need them to sort this out!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Nomad346
On the phone with AE right now and they say they don't even see the changes in my booking. How can that be? I need them to sort this out!
UA is responsible for pushing the changes back to AC. If AC/AE don’t see the changes, you need to contact UA to tell them to sync the changes back.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Nomad346
Simply conference UA in.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. My issue has now been resolved. It took a some time because AE had to get their databases re-synced with the new UA timetables, but once that was done they were able to see exactly what had happened. The AE agent was very helpful once they figured out what changed, giving me several options. I guess it pays to always check flight schedules yourself especially when booked on non-AC Star Alliance carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.