FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   GTE on a J ticket/BP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1956452-gte-j-ticket-bp.html)

Stranger Feb 15, 2019 8:02 am

GTE on a J ticket/BP

This was a new one to me. Could not check in online either. Agent at check in could not explain, nor in the lounge. I was top of the list for J standby/upgrade, while the thing said 14 seats, 14 booked, 13 checked in. Was the first to get called when the gate agent processed GTE.

songsc Feb 15, 2019 8:04 am

By J ticket you mean originally booked in JCDZP? Was there any equipment change?

AC*SE Feb 15, 2019 8:50 am

May have been a block on a seat due to inop.

hydrogen Feb 15, 2019 9:48 am

If there was no downguage, how is this possible?
AC does not overbook J.
More importantly, in such scenarios, how does AC know who to boot out of J?

canadiancow Feb 15, 2019 9:56 am

GTE means you don't have a seat assignment. Nothing was overbooked.

13 checked in does not include the GTE.

It all resolved itself at the gate.

I hope you're not suggesting the agent should have told you there probably isn't a seat for you :p

james dean Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by AC*SE (Post 30782201)
May have been a block on a seat due to inop.

That is exactly what happened to me, inbound AC snagged a broken seat and when I checked in I got a GTE.
BTW I was on upgrade credits with a Lat fare...ended up in PE.

Stranger Feb 15, 2019 10:09 am

P fare, made changes to that particular flight earlier in the day. No seat inop.

zrh2yvr Feb 15, 2019 12:40 pm

I can attest to GTE on J. . . Had 2 Seat Innop on AC854 YVR-LHR. . . Ultimately, I was downgraded. Long story. Was modestly unpleasant. Shocking at the food in Y-class these days. Not even fit for prison actually.

james dean Feb 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr (Post 30783099)
I can attest to GTE on J. . . Had 2 Seat Innop on AC854 YVR-LHR. . . Ultimately, I was downgraded. Long story. Was modestly unpleasant. Shocking at the food in Y-class these days. Not even fit for prison actually.

Agreed, and PE is no better (International PE that is)...

jazzsax Feb 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr (Post 30783099)

LOL oh stop exaggerating. The freshii bowl is actually quite good when it's available (and usually if you ask nicely the FA's will let you pick it as part of your meal item when you prepay....)..... I would serve that to my mother and even my enemies. Pretty yummy.

Adam Smith Feb 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Stranger, did you previously have an assigned seat?

Stranger Feb 16, 2019 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30784400)
Stranger, did you previously have an assigned seat?

I cannot tell. There was an advisory and I called to change my flight. Agent said I was lucky, that was was one seat left on that flight. Whether she assigned me a seat or not, I did not ask. I called a few hours before the flight, while parked between physio and a medical appointment, all rushed up. All because I was supposed to meet my wife at YYZ the next day and she would have hated continuing by herself and only meet me in Italy...