FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   767s on YOW-LHR/YOW-FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1955820-767s-yow-lhr-yow-fra.html)

jcamp028 Feb 11, 19 5:17 pm

767s on YOW-LHR/YOW-FRA
 
Hi all,

Anything concrete on when the 767s will be dropped on YOW TATL routes in favour of 787s? Booking my summer holidays to Europe and have heard the old pods are in pretty rough shape.

Thanks!

Adam Smith Feb 11, 19 5:27 pm

The 767s are being retired throughout the year, but the only insight we have on when they'll disappear is whatever is on the schedule. So if the flights are currently marked as being operated by 763, that's the most likely scenario as of now.

As for the old pods, yes, although the one advantage is that they don't deflate.

RatherBeInYOW Feb 11, 19 5:46 pm

Be careful what you wish for.

Some rumours have the 767s being replaced by the 7M8 out of YOW, at least some of the time. If that happens we’re going to be wishing for the 767s back. Even the 788 is a capacity upguage, and I don’t know if they can operate 888/889 and 838/839 with more capacity and still maintain acceptable loads. Hopefully these rumours are wrong...

StuMcIlwain Feb 11, 19 6:14 pm


Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 30766734)
Be careful what you wish for.

Some rumours have the 767s being replaced by the 7M8 out of YOW, at least some of the time. If that happens we’re going to be wishing for the 767s back. Even the 788 is a capacity upguage, and I don’t know if they can operate 888/889 and 838/839 with more capacity and still maintain acceptable loads. Hopefully these rumours are wrong...

It's definitely a concern. They struggle to fill the 767s outside of peak travel times.

Be glad there are still some 767s in the fleet.

cooleddie Feb 11, 19 6:17 pm


Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain (Post 30766790)
It's definitely a concern. They struggle to fill the 767s outside of peak travel times.

Be glad there are still some 767s in the fleet.

Can 737s operate out of Ottawa?

RatherBeInYOW Feb 11, 19 6:22 pm


Originally Posted by cooleddie (Post 30766795)
Can 737s operate out of Ottawa?

They have the range to make it to Europe from YOW. And otherwise, yeah, they are already here sometimes on YYZ/YOW routes (they ferry the 767s to YYZ too, crew are not based in YOW already).

I can see 888/889 going to 7M8 year round and 838/839 operating in the summer on a 788, maybe 5 days a week. Want a J seat to LHR? Connect in YYZ or YUL. Not like there is another option...

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Feb 12, 19 12:53 am

I already fly via YYZ (and sometimes YUL) to Europe at least half of the time. The YOW-LHR flight arrives too late into London for me. If the 7M8 operates 888/889, I will not take it eastbound, but I won't mind taking it on the return daytime flight from LHR to YOW.
--
13F

Plumber Feb 12, 19 7:57 am

I took the 7M8 from YUL to DUB and that was far enough for me.

I will not take the 7M8 to LHR from YOW if it comes here. I will find another route.

MQS007 Feb 12, 19 8:47 am

They need to keep at least one 767 for the LGA cancelled flight sweeps.

I have flown most of my adult life in the 767 and have no issues with them (even if they are now held together with duck tape on occasion)

Adam Smith Feb 12, 19 8:50 am


Originally Posted by MQS007 (Post 30768974)
They need to keep at least one 767 for the LGA cancelled flight sweeps.

I have flown most of my adult life in the 767 and have no issues with them (even if they are now held together with duck tape on occasion)

It's nice that you don't mind them, but the last one is leaving the mainline fleet in early 2020, whether you like it or not.

Stranger Feb 12, 19 8:50 am


Originally Posted by MQS007 (Post 30768974)
They need to keep at least one 767 for the LGA cancelled flight sweeps.

I have flown most of my adult life in the 767 and have no issues with them (even if they are now held together with duck tape on occasion)

Won't the Rouge ones do?:)

Stranger Feb 12, 19 8:51 am


Originally Posted by cooleddie (Post 30766795)
Can 737s operate out of Ottawa?

Don't they use them YUL (or is it YYZ?) to BOD already, or at least already announced?

RatherBeInYOW Feb 12, 19 9:01 am

This discussion is exactly why Air Canada is looking at the A321XLR and the Boeing 797 (or whatever single aisle they replace the 757 with, if they do). 787 too big, 737 too small, everything else doesn't have the range.

Stranger Feb 12, 19 9:09 am


Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 30769032)
This discussion is exactly why Air Canada is looking at the A321XLR and the Boeing 797 (or whatever single aisle they replace the 757 with, if they do). 787 too big, 737 too small, everything else doesn't have the range.

787 too big. 7M8 works as long as there is not much of a business class market, i.e. Dublin, Bordeaux, Iceland and the like. But you would think YOW-LHR might be a good J market.

Symmetre Feb 12, 19 11:09 am


Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW (Post 30769032)
This discussion is exactly why Air Canada is looking at the A321XLR and the Boeing 797 (or whatever single aisle they replace the 757 with, if they do). 787 too big, 737 too small, everything else doesn't have the range.

757? Assume you meant to type 767, since AC has never flown the single-aisle 757.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.