Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan award changes; Booking AC J and changing to LH F later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan award changes; Booking AC J and changing to LH F later

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
LH increased their YQ recently, not sure what the exact impacts are though.

Just FYI for OP.
Based on what I read, the increase is from the U.S.
The YQ on LH from YYZ for the route I fly is the same as it was last August.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by 24left
Based on what I read, the increase is from the U.S.
The YQ on LH from YYZ for the route I fly is the same as it was last August.
Good to know.

Although, since OP is talking about F, that'd most likely have to be a US route anyways.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Happy
What was the total YQ on that itinerary with TG, NH and LH all carry scam fee?
I assume LHR was only transit so you get away from the APD.
So this was my original itinerary.

YYZ-ORD in J via AC
ORD-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-BKK in J via TG
BKK-HND in F via TG
HND-ORD in F via NH
ORD-YYZ in J via AC

Taxes and all come out to $497.76 + $33.90 (booking fee)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dealornot13
So this was my original itinerary.

YYZ-ORD in J via AC
ORD-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-BKK in J via TG
BKK-HND in F via TG
HND-ORD in F via NH
ORD-YYZ in J via AC

Taxes and all come out to $497.76 + $33.90 (booking fee)
Thanks for the details.

The total taxes and YQ are lower than I thought it might be - the only thing I could think of was NH to/from Japan has low YQ or no YQ - I believe it is the case when booking NH with Virgin's program.
When I mapped out our RTW if using TG instead of SQ for the Asia - Australia portion, the cash payment for those segments jumped by $200.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by Flighthero66
hello we are hoping for Lufthansa first class return award ticket. Since Lufthansa does not release first seats until 14 days or less before travel, we want to book an AC business return ticket yyc-fra and then change it to a Lufthansa first return a few days before flight if available. What is the cost of this? Anyone successful doing this?
I'm sure you've done this but take a look at where LH F is operational these days as they seem to be reducing F more and more and I don't believe have sent a F cabin to Canada for quite a while.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Flighthero66
hello we are hoping for Lufthansa first class return award ticket. Since Lufthansa does not release first seats until 14 days or less before travel, we want to book an AC business return ticket yyc-fra and then change it to a Lufthansa first return a few days before flight if available. What is the cost of this? Anyone successful doing this?
@Flighthero66
FYI below

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Good to know.

Although, since OP is talking about F, that'd most likely have to be a US route anyways.
@pentiumvi
First, OP mentioned flying YYC-FRA and then trying to get F from there.
Seocnd, all of my LH F were ex-FRA, ex-MUC and ex-HKG. While there is no LH F to or from Canada, not everyone needs or wants to fly ex-USA.

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
I'm sure you've done this but take a look at where LH F is operational these days as they seem to be reducing F more and more and I don't believe have sent a F cabin to Canada for quite a while.
@TheOnlyWayTo Fly
This issue comes up overtime someone posts on this forum, looking for LH F or missing the news that they have not flown to/from Canada in a few years. A couple of years ago, the manager for LH at YYZ told me that I was on one of the last flights with F.

As for the list of destinations with LH F, as mentioned in other threads, there is a lot of info on the LH FT forum. And Mr. Google is amazing at pulling up all the press releases and articles from 2014-2016 where the CEO Carsten Spohr explained why they were reducing F (same as other airlines), on which routes, and also, why they were shifting some flights from FRA-MUC.
I read a lot of background material when I'm searching for flights, routes, and destinations.

Oh, and before Aeroplan crapped out for its nightly mud mask and soothing massage, I saw this for tomorrow. It doesn't matter that the outbound is from YYZ, the point is that there is outbound from FRA. I suspect OP may now know there is no F return back to Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.