Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada OTP Getting Worse?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82
Any odd flight numbers in the 800 series would be Canada-bound flights from the EU region. Then for domestic flights, get a bunch in the 100 series, 300 series, and 600 series.
Great that narrows done my analysis to 100s of flights

Any recommendations on a couple specific routes that are representative of the AC network?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by j2simpso

Any recommendations on a couple specific routes that are representative of the AC network?
LHR YYZ is four times a day, FRA YYZ is twice a day, and LHR YVR is once a day. Off the top of my head.

Also ZRH YYZ, and I think there’s a MUC YYZ as I’ve flown the other way. Probably also CDG, CFH, and FCO as well into YYZ, YUL or even YVR at a push.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE

LHR-YYT/YHZ/YUL/YOW/YYZ/YYC/YVR
FRA-YUL/YOW/YYZ/YYC/YVR
CDG-YUL/YYZ/YVR

There, three countries and numerous AC hubs for a sample representation.

YYZ-YYT/YHZ/YWG/YQR/YXE/YYC/YEG/YVR
YUL-YWG/YYC/YEG/YVR
YOW-YYC/YEG/YVR
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Sitting on tarmac short of gate. AC app says we arrived 10 minutes ago. I am sure AC will call this flight on time. One has to wonder how many on time flights aren’t.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by ridefar
I am sure AC will call this flight on time.
One of the few.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'd be curious to see what AC's OTP looks like for flights ex-EU (where there's a stiff penalty for being tardy) versus the rest of their network.
How many EU turnarounds are touch and goes and how many have the aircraft at the gate overnight?

If you compile the numbers, its going to be a bad comparison to overall average.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:19 am

AC1662 has been consistently delayed the past week. 3-4 out of 7 flights were delayed, terrible performance. Avg 60% of flights were delayed this year!

also, the airplane was filthy as usual with these Rogue 767s. No way they even organized the airplanes as the outbound was already late but that’s for the dirty aircraft thread.

dont know what’s worse... flying brand new Allegiant A320 with no recline and little legroom or old dirty AC 767 with some legroom.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by petah
AC1662 has been consistently delayed the past week. 3-4 out of 7 flights were delayed, terrible performance. Avg 60% of flights were delayed this year!

also, the airplane was filthy as usual with these Rogue 767s. No way they even organized the airplanes as the outbound was already late but that’s for the dirty aircraft thread.

dont know what’s worse... flying brand new Allegiant A320 with no recline and little legroom or old dirty AC 767 with some legroom.
Have you checked WS 1184's performance on the same route over the same period of time? It may not be an AC thing at all. I'm not sure what the OTP comparison is on this apples-to-apples route, but the WS 737s are generally pretty clean, with better cabin comfort than both the above-mentioned players.

If time is not of the essence, multiple US carriers offer easy 1-stop service: you exchange 90-minutes of your day for an extra $50ish in your wallet.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ridefar
Sitting on tarmac short of gate. AC app says we arrived 10 minutes ago. I am sure AC will call this flight on time. One has to wonder how many on time flights aren’t.
To be fair I find AC (and other airlines) update their arrival time as they land (arrived) and then again when they reach gate (arrived at gate) as the final time.

Of course if AC arrived onto the tarmac on time perhaps the airport would have a gate waiting. But I don’t know much about airport operations so I’m sure someone will be along to beat me over that soon.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC 50K
On today’s flight;

Captain: “please take your seats as we will be having an early departure and early arrival”

then

Captain: “we seem to have a baggage hold issue”

and then

Captain: “unfortunately we are delayed due to maintenance, and will be delayed arriving”

So much for trying to improve OTP...
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by marchelli

So much for trying to improve OTP...
wait, when did AC start trying?
KenHamer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sigh ... and the streak continues. ACr 1659 ... only 1:40 late today. Last time it was more than two hours behind schedule so I guess that's some sort of improvement.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Sigh ... and the streak continues. ACr 1659 ... only 1:40 late today. Last time it was more than two hours behind schedule so I guess that's some sort of improvement.
On my 21st flight this year...delayed.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
First. Time. Ever.

My AC 8 seems to have been pushed across the Pacific. Arrived almost 1 hour early.
My transcon cnx landed early as well but this was impressive.

Who can we blame?

secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by 24left
First. Time. Ever.

My AC 8 seems to have been pushed across the Pacific. Arrived almost 1 hour early.
My transcon cnx landed early as well but this was impressive.

Who can we blame?

I think we're both living in an alternate universe.
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.