Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada OTP Getting Worse?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K
AC OTP is so awful, almost every TATL leg I’ve had with AC over the past year has been quite delayed due to maintenance or repairs. AC836 last Thursday was delayed ~4 hours (5h arrival delay) for repairs, the majority of which were found to be required post-boarding after 3 hours on the ground in from Montreal (AC419). Then of course on the return Monday, a 1.5h delay out of Madrid on AC837 and a “last minute” surprise equipment swap with no J!

I have a 3h40m layover in Frankfurt in December before going onward to Madrid, considering rebooking to a day earlier to ensure I actually make my MAD-OSL leg later the next day.....
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Preo
AC OTP is so awful, almost every TATL leg I’ve had with AC over the past year has been quite delayed due to maintenance or repairs. AC836 last Thursday was delayed ~4 hours (5h arrival delay) for repairs, the majority of which were found to be required post-boarding after 3 hours on the ground in from Montreal (AC419). Then of course on the return Monday, a 1.5h delay out of Madrid on AC837 and a “last minute” surprise equipment swap with no J!

I have a 3h40m layover in Frankfurt in December before going onward to Madrid, considering rebooking to a day earlier to ensure I actually make my MAD-OSL leg later the next day.....

So why do you keep flying this airline?
Instead of altering your plans, and wasting 24hrs of your life, how about flying a more reliable airline?
songsc likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So why do you keep flying this airline?
Instead of altering your plans, and wasting 24hrs of your life, how about flying a more reliable airline?
open to suggestions if you have any
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Preo
open to suggestions if you have any
LH, AF, KL, just to name a few. The thing is AC is at the bottom of the list in terms of OTP, so literally everyone is better.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 22, 2020 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.