Wiki Posts
Search

eUp Question with Travel Companion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
eUp Question with Travel Companion

Hello - My wife and I are traveling to YVR from YEG in March. She is on an AE ticket and I am in Flex G on outbound Flex L inbound. I have 8 credits so I cannot upgrade both of us. Will they allow me to upgrade myself (pending space of course) and let my wife take my seat in business class? She will be like 28 weeks preggers so more space would be good for her.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by danapop
Hello - My wife and I are traveling to YVR from YEG in March. She is on an AE ticket and I am in Flex G on outbound Flex L inbound. I have 8 credits so I cannot upgrade both of us. Will they allow me to upgrade myself (pending space of course) and let my wife take my seat in business class? She will be like 28 weeks preggers so more space would be good for her.
Yes, I've done this before where I've upgraded myself and my companion was in Y with a lap infant on a separate ticket on the same flight.
The SD let us do a one time swap (she sat in J with her baby) at the beginning and I sat in Y the entire flight. This was a domestic transcon.
Just ask the SD once you board J. They are usually reasonable and discreet about this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This shouldn't be an issue. Upgrade yourself and when you board, you take her seat in Y and she takes your seat in J. When the SD comes around to do service, they may comment on how she's Mrs. danapop and not Mr. danapop, but they will generally just say what a good husband she must have for giving up your J seat.

Don't bother to try to explain any of this to the GAs or check-in staff or anything beforehand. Best case, they'll tell you to do just what I did. Worst case, you get some person who doesn't like what you want to do and tells you it's against some rules or something.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This shouldn't be an issue. Upgrade yourself and when you board, you take her seat in Y and she takes your seat in J. When the SD comes around to do service, they may comment on how she's Mrs. danapop and not Mr. danapop, but they will generally just say what a good husband she must have for giving up your J seat.

Don't bother to try to explain any of this to the GAs or check-in staff or anything beforehand. Best case, they'll tell you to do just what I did. Worst case, you get some person who doesn't like what you want to do and tells you it's against some rules or something.

The fortunate (or unfortunate?) thing about being a man with the first name Dana is that my wife can easily assume my identity with none the wiser.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danapop
The fortunate (or unfortunate?) thing about being a man with the first name Dana is that my wife can easily assume my identity with none the wiser.
Except the manifest says "MR"
Adam Smith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.