Bonus Fixed Mileage Seats

Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
Bonus Fixed Mileage Seats

Now I know premium economy is not a *A standard so the only way to book N on AC is via Aeroplan (and all the YQ that entails); however it seems AC sometimes like other airlines releases X and I space to Aeroplan members only. I see space that's clearly fixed mileage show up on AP that does not on EF. Anyone else seen this and if so any pattern?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, it's well known. AC has (or had, but it's likely still enforced) a minimum required seat allocation to Aeroplan that does not apply to partners.

Additionally, Aeroplan pays (paid?) them more per seat than other partners. So if they think they can sell a seat for $100, United will give them $80, and Aeroplan will give them $110, then it's not going to be available outside Aeroplan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.