Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to use 33 e-upgrade credits from YOW? Nominee spot gone.

How to use 33 e-upgrade credits from YOW? Nominee spot gone.

Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
Thank you.... though the rules do not mention 'unique'....though is does mention'third' But, again I have never used the 72-hour rule.

So TPE still works for the OP and upgrades are available this weekend.
I guess from a X-Y-X perspective, it would make the itinerary seem like Y would be the destination... well, if I showed my grandma that she would think so.
Plumber likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I have some eups to burn too. 100+. And I'm going to be in Asia from the 17-26 which makes things even harder.

I'd like to make a quick trip to Germany, or CZ. Longer segments preferred (yyc-fra?)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I have some eups to burn too. 100+. And I'm going to be in Asia from the 17-26 which makes things even harder.

I'd like to make a quick trip to Germany, or CZ. Longer segments preferred (yyc-fra?)
Same boat as you. 100+ and will likely expire. I don't have the appetite to spend more money just to use them.
RZR and BlondeBomber like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:39 pm

Get's me closer to MM if I use them!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Hi folks:

I have 33 eupgrade credits expiring end of this month (February 28). I am open to going anywhere (2-3 days) as long as I can get upgraded with the lowest cpm. I am based in YOW for the next few months. Thoughts on where to go to use these upgrade credits?

Thanks, and look forward to your ideas!

PS. My nominee spot is gone, and my nominee is busy with other commitments for the next month.

Well if you happen to be going YOW-YUL Thursday morning first flight you can upgrade me

As already stated TPE is a good MR as I have done two TPE round trips in January already in PY. DXB in PY can be cheap as many americans from the eastern seaboard fly AC to DXB.
CHINA is cheap right now and to avoid the $150 VISA and disclosure of your personal information you are allowed 144 hour FREE transit VISA. Pay the $200 on Air China and go to ICN, TPE or HKG and then air canada home. I did this last October, cheap PY flights to PEK and home from ICN.

There are so many options and I am sure many here would love to accompany you for the upgrade option!!!!

Good luck, don't let those eupgrades go to waste!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Well if you happen to be going YOW-YUL Thursday morning first flight you can upgrade me

As already stated TPE is a good MR as I have done two TPE round trips in January already in PY. DXB in PY can be cheap as many americans from the eastern seaboard fly AC to DXB.
CHINA is cheap right now and to avoid the $150 VISA and disclosure of your personal information you are allowed 144 hour FREE transit VISA. Pay the $200 on Air China and go to ICN, TPE or HKG and then air canada home. I did this last October, cheap PY flights to PEK and home from ICN.

There are so many options and I am sure many here would love to accompany you for the upgrade option!!!!

Good luck, don't let those eupgrades go to waste!
Yes avoid the $150 visa with an additional $200 flight, great deal
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes avoid the $150 visa with an additional $200 flight, great deal
Wow, when you put it that way, this does not look so good! I was more avoiding the disclosure of personal information. I rather have China work for it by hacking into my system, lol
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:51 pm

So I got a confirmed upgrade to TPE and back this weekend. $1780 all in ex YYJ. Any better ideas? YYZ-HND looks wide open, but I can't get a cheap YVR/YYJ-YYZ-HND via the website.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
How do you all get so many eUps? I really want to know. Even with careful selection and good planning, I hover around 120 annually and burn them all using Lat fares to Europe
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Wings100
How do you all get so many eUps? I really want to know. Even with careful selection and good planning, I hover around 120 annually and burn them all using Lat fares to Europe
A combination of selecting eupgrades for flight pass activities, using flight passes and flying in J or Y fares.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:51 am

In 2018 I did almost all my flights on lat passes within NA that provide complimentary upgrades. I haven't even made It through the eups I earned in late 2017...

Last edited by Nitehawk; Feb 6, 2019 at 11:48 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Amazing
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
You SE Flyers with extra eupgrade credits that will expire should visit this thread.....

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wings100
There was one year I had 170+ remaining. For me, it was a function of having been on higher fares all year. I think there was one FTer that said they had 200+ expire.

But if I had 33 remaining like the OP, I probably would've made some sort of functional MR out of it as well.
Wings100 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber
You SE Flyers with extra eupgrade credits that will expire should visit this thread.....

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend
Used to be easier when we had 4 slots. On one hand, it would be nice to upgrade others. On the other, it would suck for those with lower status not get an upgrade because R space disappeared by the time their upgrade window opens.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.