Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Diamond, 1,000,000?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AC Elite
Aeroplan Diamond, 1,000,000?

Are there are special prizes for doing over 1,000,000 of the aeroplan Diamond stuff?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by StanCA
Are there are special prizes for doing over 1,000,000 of the aeroplan Diamond stuff?
Do you mean earning 1 Million Aeroplan Miles within Aeroplan's status program in one year, or having accumulated 1 MIllion Miles over several years for a current Diamond member?

Or are you referring to Air Canada Altitude status for Million Mile members?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
What would be the point of that? Million Mile rewards loyalty / volume consumption with the airline. Aeroplan miles can be earned buying gas, nails, computers, socks. There is no loyalty involved. The only thing you are doing beyond everyday consumption of diverse commodities is giving up privacy about your spending habits. The miles themselves are the compensation for that and you decide whether that's adequate when you decide to give your AE number on a particular transaction. I'm not clear why anyone would give a bonus reward for receiving a lot of bonuses.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you mean the Distinction eligible miles, it's an interesting thought, but no.

I've hit that threshold every year since they launched Distinction, and I'm the same as anyone earning 100k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.