Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Confirmed Upgraded on 2 similar flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

I am travelling YYZ-LHR tonight and thanks to the generosity of a member here I am currently sweating an upgrade. I am on AC 858 departing at 23:55 and waitlisted on it. AC 848 was meant to be departing at about 8:30PM, but that has been delayed now until midnight. There is 1 seat on my flight (was full, but 1 opened up in last hour or so) and there are 7 seats available on AC 848. However looking at the upgrade lists, I see that 2 people are on both lists and confirmed on them both (assuming the are the same people, but of course could be a coincidence).

Is this common when flights are delayed, or is this just AC IT?

As an aside, AC 848 has been wildly fluctuating. It was 3 available a few hours ago, then went up to 9 and then down to 7
Attached Images   
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So many possible explanations. They could have been protected due to the delay, they could have changed their flight, but the list didn't remove them, they could be employees traveling confirmed J and simply double booked in case one gets canceled.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@pmarrsouth

AC858 YYZLHR 01FEB2019
J1 C1 D1 Z0 P0 R0 O2 E1 N0 Y0
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So many possible explanations. They could have been protected due to the delay, they could have changed their flight, but the list didn't remove them, they could be employees traveling confirmed J and simply double booked in case one gets canceled.
Thanks for the possible explanations. Helps my chances so

Originally Posted by yyznomad
@pmarrsouth

AC858 YYZLHR 01FEB2019
J1 C1 D1 Z0 P0 R0 O2 E1 N0 Y0
Cheers, been keeping an eye on it. Just arrived into YYZ and #2 on the list now
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

Thanks for the possible explanations. Helps my chances so

Cheers, been keeping an eye on it. Just arrived into YYZ and #2 on the list now
Now J1 C1 D1 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y1 B1 M1

Good luck! (non-sarcastic)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@pmarrsouth

Now J0 Y1 M1 B1

Added: Looks like transferred to DCS now.

Last edited by yyznomad; Feb 1, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Gah, dropped down to #3 on the list and then 1 & 2 got processed a minute ago in the 2 seats that were opened up due to 2 not checking in
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Gah, dropped down to #3 on the list and then 1 & 2 got processed a minute ago in the 2 seats that were opened up due to 2 not checking in
Perhaps you will get a seat in PY?
--
13F
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Perhaps you will get a seat in PY?
--
13F
i was already booked in PY (N fare)

The delayed 848 looks wide open, and they said that they can put me on that, but want to guarantee the upgrade before moving. Working on it

Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just do it. They've already cleared upgrades on 848, and there are still 5 seats.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Talking to the flight manager for 858. They are still waiting on 1 for it and I’m #1. Looks like I’ll hopefully get in on either
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

1D on 858

thanks all for help and especially to WayTooMuchEurope
canadiancow, expert7700 and monkai like this.

Last edited by pmarrsouth; Feb 2, 2019 at 4:52 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
1D on 858

thanks all for help and especially to WayTooMuch euroe
Glad it worked out!

Karma was good to me. Today I went to do my eUp for a flight on the 14th - turns out MSP-YYZ-YVR was only 5 credits - makes no sense but it meant I could do both segments instead of just the 1 as expected.

Long and short of it is there is enough credits for both of us to ride in comfort over the next couple of weeks. No R space for your flight home (or any flights that day for your route) but lots of J space so I hope it works out.

If I understand the way EF works I believe someone could get notified if R space opens up on a particular flight? If anyone has access to this and is willing to monitor it for @pmarrsouth then I could always cancel and re submit the eUp request. Let me know if I have this correct and OP can give his flight details if he so desires.

Anyway, glad you're getting to enjoy a Kit Kat. Or 6. I recently read here that it's apparently not taboo to stuff them in your pockets for later.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Lots of KitKats were sitting in front of me for the whole trip, I took 0

I have an EF sub and have an alert set

Will PM you
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:22 am

So, if you took AC858 I saw you this morning.

Let me know if you took pictures during your approach, would be funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.