Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upfare option on Comfort fare - new?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upfare option on Comfort fare - new?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:10 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lcohen999
If only that was an option

Except it will go from a $2,500 ticket to a $4,500 when you go TPACs (in my experience)
You missed the point all together. It has nothing to do with up faring the Asian flight.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyckerr
Stupid .png screenshots. There, FTFY

So does this feature only apply to Comfort fares then?
@yyckerr

As per the others upthread, the feature to eupgrade for less at higher fares has been implemented before on ac.com, and this was for Flex fares (i.e. upgrade to Flex M to use less eUpgrades) prior to Branded Fares being introduced. But since the latest version/skin/interface of the website has been released, combined with the introduction of Comfort, Basic, and rebranded Standard fares, the ability to upfare from Flex in order to use lower eUps has been removed.

At the moment, this feature seems to only apply to Comfort. Perhaps they are getting around to applying this to the Flex category?
Old May 7, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by yyckerr
Stupid .png screenshots. There, FTFY

So does this feature only apply to Comfort fares then?
This is very frustrating. Why can I not choose an H Flex fare? Why can I only do this on a Comfort fare?

Old May 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by j_the_p
This is very frustrating. Why can I not choose an H Flex fare? Why can I only do this on a Comfort fare?
You can book it online and call in and ask them to make the change. There is actually some way to feed the fare bases through the Google flights api link (as in, a hack) - @canadiancow knows.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by dr_torch
You can book it online and call in and ask them to make the change. There is actually some way to feed the fare bases through the Google flights api link (as in, a hack) - @canadiancow knows.
Yeah, calling in is always an option, but an inconvenient and possibly time consuming one. It just doesn't make sense that they only do this on comfort fares online.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Yeah, calling in is always an option, but an inconvenient and possibly time consuming one. It just doesn't make sense that they only do this on comfort fares online.
This is one of a "million" things that AC does "stupid".

If this wasn't the case, we'd have less than half of the threads that exist in this forum.
YYC traveler and j_the_p like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If this wasn't the case, we'd have less than half of the threads that exist in this forum.
And the call centre wait time would be much shorter.
j_the_p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.