Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unable to add Aeroplan number to Lufthansa booking online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to add Aeroplan number to Lufthansa booking online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Odd. THey are fully owned by LH and based at MUC.
Why odd? They codeshare with LH but they operate as an independent airline. Swiss, Brussels, Austrian and Eurowings are all owned by LH but operate independently and have distinct flight numbers.

I think the reason why EN does not show up on the aeroplan website is that it is technically not part of *A similar to EW. EW has a contract with Aeroplan and this is why you can earn miles but they won't honour any AC or *A status. Not 100% sure about EN but at least they don't show up on the *A website.

Originally Posted by daniellam
To add your Aeroplan number to a Lufthansa booking you made on their website, just call 1 800 563 5954.

I just don't get why people are so adverse to making phone calls these days!
I understand where you are coming from and it is a valid point. On the other hand, it seems silly to have to call the call centre and potentially spend 10+ minutes on hold just to add an FFP#.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Lufthansa won't even accept Aeroplan as a partner FF program.

Booked online directly with Lufthansa.com.

When I go to enter a frequent-flyer number, this is the drop-down offered:

I'm sure I can just show up at the airport and have my AP number added, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the problem actually is here?
Old May 23, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: SE 100K
I just discovered this a few days ago too when I went to book a simple 1x way intra-europe LH flight.
Of course assumed, as a Star Alliance member, Aeroplan would be on that list.... but alas it was not. Perplexing, and frustrating!

On the bright side, Lufthansa twitter was able to add it (and responded promptly within about 10 minutes). But that should not be necessary.
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by daniellam
To add your Aeroplan number to a Lufthansa booking you made on their website, just call 1 800 563 5954.
FWIW I've just had to phone my aeroplan number into an LH booking again, but the above number is no longer correct. Current number is 1 833 951 2503.
There was no waiting on hold, which was mildly surprising and very refreshing!
Old May 29, 2023, 9:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: this is a Lufthansa issue, with at least one thread already on the LH forum. Please continue discussion there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.