Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada interlink/code share updates for India?

Old Jan 30, 19, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K

Anyone know if Air Canada is looking into new interlink/code share/whatever agreements with any other carriers in India? Indigo? Vistara?

Ever since AI pulled their inventory from Amadeus, and AC stops flying to Mumbai at the end of March, there is no way to connect anywhere in India beyond Delhi in April on one ticket...
Old Jan 30, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by dennisthemenace View Post
Anyone know if Air Canada is looking into new interlink/code share/whatever agreements with any other carriers in India? Indigo? Vistara?

Ever since AI pulled their inventory from Amadeus, and AC stops flying to Mumbai at the end of March, there is no way to connect anywhere in India beyond Delhi in April on one ticket...
You can still buy a 014 ticket with connections on AI. I am in India now and am looking to book a trip back here in March with internal connections and ac.com is pricing it out with AI flights.

I'd be delighted if they interlined with Vistara, or better yet Vistara was a full *A partner (and not just with SQ). Much better airline, their domestic PE is better than AI domestic J.
Old Jan 30, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Why would you want a codeshare?
Old Jan 30, 19, 11:02 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E

Yeah seems like a problem. Maybe a TA specializing in India travel can stitch together a consolidator ticket. It will likely be with 9W.
Old Jan 30, 19, 11:05 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW View Post
You can still buy a 014 ticket with connections on AI. I am in India now and am looking to book a trip back here in March with internal connections and ac.com is pricing it out with AI flights.

I'd be delighted if they interlined with Vistara, or better yet Vistara was a full *A partner (and not just with SQ). Much better airline, their domestic PE is better than AI domestic J.
Try later in the year. AC is pricing tickets to GOI via BOM in March but nothing in Jun when their flights to BOM no longer exist.
Old Jan 30, 19, 11:10 am

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Try later in the year. AC is pricing tickets to GOI via BOM in March but nothing in Jun when their flights to BOM no longer exist.
I switched the YOW-YYZ-BLR booking I was looking at for March to June and it still gives me the option to do that on AC + AI.

Also gives me the option to do YOW-FRA-BLR as well mind you, on AC+ LH. Ah yes, summer will be back and so will AC838/839 :-)
Old Jan 30, 19, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K
Hmm, I looked at a couple dates in April for YYZ-BLR in J and the only options that came back were via FRA rather than DEL. I was assuming that it couldn't find any AI inventory and hence excluded DEL options.

Unfortunately I have business needs that require me to travel in April, so I can't shift to a later date.
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC E50K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm, I looked at a couple dates in April for YYZ-BLR in J and the only options that came back were via FRA rather than DEL. I was assuming that it couldn't find any AI inventory and hence excluded DEL options.

Unfortunately I have business needs that require me to travel in April, so I can't shift to a later date.
There appears to be ongoing issues with AI inventory displaying correctly with AC, and a client just went through this last month and even though the earlier AI connection was wide-open, they claimed they could not see it at first, and then when they did find it, they could not HK it. She ended up on a much later 9W flight at least same-day but not ideal.

I suspect it will be years before we see DEL and BOM added to the Star Alliance Connection Service:

www.staralliance.com/en/connection-service

Search this Thread
Search Engine: