MLL Age Requirements

Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus,Marriott, Hilton, Starwood,Delta Privilege,Fairmont Presidents Cl
MLL Age Requirements

I have given my Son and his family a trip using my Aeroplan points (economy). I also gave him 2 vouchers for the Maple Leaf Lounge. Can he bring his kids in the lounge or do they need vouchers too? The kids are 9 and 11.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pete_coach
I have given my Son and his family a trip using my Aeroplan points (economy). I also gave him 2 vouchers for the Maple Leaf Lounge. Can he bring his kids in the lounge or do they need vouchers too? The kids are 9 and 11.
Everyone will need a voucher.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I’m not 100% (suspect each human needs a voucher) but can you just confirm which lounge and route to confirm it’s pass accessible.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus,Marriott, Hilton, Starwood,Delta Privilege,Fairmont Presidents Cl
Originally Posted by jc94

I’m not 100% (suspect each human needs a voucher) but can you just confirm which lounge and route to confirm it’s pass accessible.
They would like to use them in YYZ. They have a 3 1/2 hour layover.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Gold
They would like to use them in YYZ. They have a 3 1/2 hour layover.
Which lounge? The International one is not usable with vouchers.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Right, and they're also only good for a departing flight.

So if you're flying say YUL YYZ LHR you're out of luck, if you're flying LHR YYZ YUL you're okay.
But as we're talking about the YYZ Dom/TB lounges, please set your expectations low.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Right, and they're also only good for a departing flight.

So if you're flying say YUL YYZ LHR you're out of luck, if you're flying LHR YYZ YUL you're okay.
I'd argue that's a bit of a YMMV situation. I certainly know of various instances where people were let into the domestic lounge using a MLL pass before their int'l flight (when connecting between a domestic and an int'l flight)
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd argue that's a bit of a YMMV situation. I certainly know of various instances where people were let into the domestic lounge using a MLL pass before their int'l flight (when connecting between a domestic and an int'l flight)
Well it may be YMMV, but I believe officially arrival lounge is an E50k privilege. Still if one doesn’t mind the potential walk of shame it’s worth a shot.

Also, I could be wrong
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Well it may be YMMV, but I believe officially arrival lounge is an E50k privilege. Still if one doesn’t mind the potential walk of shame it’s worth a shot.

Also, I could be wrong
I'd argue it's a bit of a grey area since you do have an onward flight (so you're arguably not using the MLL as an arrivals lounge), however accessing the MLL in the "wrong" concourse may certainly be an issue with some agents.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
From my experience giving passes to family, 1 paying passenger = 1 lounge pass required. My 2 1/2 yr-old granddaughter required a pass. Her 9-month-old sister, traveling as an on-the-lap infant, did not.
yvr76 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:46 pm

Also, I could be wrong
I've given guest passes to relatives flying Canada-YYZ-Int'l. They were able to use the pass at the domestic AC lounge without issue as there were 2 separate criteria being met:
  • Outbound flight on AC metal
  • Using a domestic lounge
AFAIK there is no criteria that you have to use the international lounge when leaving on an international flight. The issue is typically whether one can get past security when trying to access the wrong concourse, which is a non-issue when arriving on a domestic flight.

On an unrelated note, I don't see what the title of this thread has to do with anything, as the "age requirement" title is misleading. There is no age requirement for minors to access the lounge as long as they're accompanied by an adult. Each passenger requires a guest pass.
eracerblue, canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Each passenger requires a guest pass.
Unless the passenger is a lap infant.
jc94 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapleg
The trip is to the USA.
And why is the international lounge not accessible with vouchers?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER
I've given guest passes to relatives flying Canada-YYZ-Int'l. They were able to use the pass at the domestic AC lounge without issue as there were 2 separate criteria being met:
  • Outbound flight on AC metal
  • Using a domestic lounge
AFAIK there is no criteria that you have to use the international lounge when leaving on an international flight. The issue is typically whether one can get past security when trying to access the wrong concourse, which is a non-issue when arriving on a domestic flight.

On an unrelated note, I don't see what the title of this thread has to do with anything, as the "age requirement" title is misleading. There is no age requirement for minors to access the lounge as long as they're accompanied by an adult. Each passenger requires a guest pass.
I added "age requirement" to the title as in many situations, children up till 12 are exempt from some requirements and I was wondering if kids under 12, accompanied by their parents require a voucher too.
I am sorry if you misread, misunderstood or did not get the question.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:01 am

I seem to recall from several years ago that jlisi84 had trouble getting into MLLs when he was under the age of majority. If so, what has changed?
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.