Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is this Aeroplan VIE//ATH open jaw award ex-SFO valid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

I've never booked an Aeroplan award and am trying to help some friends. Would this be OK? My research shows they will need to call Customer Service to book. Correct? I see availability for 1), 2) and 3)

1) SFO-LIS-VIE (open jaw)
2) ATH-LIS (stopover), 3) LIS-SFO
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:49 am

Yes that should be valid. As per Aeroplan "Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.”

As you mentioned unfortunately this can't be booked online and you'll have to call in.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AC*50K
You can check the availablity of individual segments by checking the corresponding one way flights. That way, you are prepared when you call.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

How about this?

SFO-LIS-VIE (open jaw), JTR-MUC-FRA (stopover), FRA-YUL-SFO

I have SFO-LIS-VIE already ticketed as a OW award. Want to change to a RT with the above routing.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by sdfamily
How about this?

I have SFO-LIS-VIE already ticketed as a OW award. Want to change to a RT with the above routing.
Also valid. But an extra ~$400pp in surcharges for the return as you are flying AC/LH
Old May 30, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by sdfamily
How about this?

Maybe see if you can get LX ZRH-SFO and go FRA-ZRH to avoid high YQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.