EC is Executive Class
And the HK bit?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
And the HK bit?
I believe it stands for "Hold Confirmed". It just means the segment is confirmed.

Every regular booking would have segments HK.

Waitlisted upgrades would have other codes.

My point is that EC and HK are perfectly normal
nomadic.relief and flyquiet like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Looks like a mistake fare - see the premium deals thread: now dead. Which might be a good thing as I need R space for my upgrades!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
NOOOOOO
I wish i booked it in time. I dont care for AQM since i have gifted status anyways
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Either way, this looked interesting. Almost like a "LMU" at time of booking if there's R space.

And it's still an interesting ticket.

I'm unable to select seats. We'll see how that goes.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
And the HK bit?
Hara Kiri: the ritual act of disemboweling oneself when the booking is canceled.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: CX, Hyatt
Originally Posted by George84
I hope anyone who was able to get in on a $1200 RT deal from the US to Europe is not going to get bent out of shape about not being able to use the signature suite at YYZ...that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth comes to mind...
I am a CX flyer who missed out on the recent ex-Vietnam F US$7xx fare (actually harmed by reduced availabilities as a US-based flyer on NA routes). However I am happy for those who booked it and hope they can get the most out of their experience on CX - after all it is not their mistake. Now I have never been on AC and I hope to see what’s available for me during my first experience.

Hope you won’t get offended by our asking as we are not familiar with the airline, nor was there precedent to this as it looks like.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
This seems to be mistake in the Joint Venture fare publication. R class is UA's lowest PY class, as UA would be the 'owner' of US origin fares in the JV. If AC wanted to publish these fares, they should have translated them to N- type fares instead.

If AC honours these tickets, I would expect no mileage earning or SSL access.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PacificSunrise

I am a CX flyer who missed out on the recent ex-Vietnam F US$7xx fare (actually harmed by reduced availabilities as a US-based flyer on NA routes). However I am happy for those who booked it and hope they can get the most out of their experience on CX - after all it is not their mistake. Now I have never been on AC and I hope to see what’s available for me during my first experience.

Hope you won’t get offended by our asking as we are not familiar with the airline, nor was there precedent to this as it looks like.
@PacificSunrise
Welcome to AC FT. Ask any question you have. We're a noisy bunch but pretty helpful.
flyquiet and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:11 pm

Managed to get in on this fare (and also get 3 friends in on it as well). SFO-YUL-FCO and FCO-YYZ-SFO 4/4-4/15 ... I'll report back if they honor the fares. It is ticketed, so we shall see. Not necessarily looking forward to the 737 or A330, but other legs are on 77W & 789. Figure $1,100 is still cheaper than most Y fares so worth the "subpar" flights outbound.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Looks like a promotional fare - see the premium deals thread: now dead. Which might be a good thing as I need R space for my upgrades!
Fixed it for you!

(Surely you remember the LX debacle!)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I wonder if @canadiancow even knows what the "walk of shame" feels like when getting denied entry into an airline lounge.

A new thread will emerge from this when he gets denied entry at the SSL: "The Air Canada Walk of Shame Thread: AC FTers Denied Lounge Access - Scandalous! How Dare They!"
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The issue with that is R always meant "upgrade" before.

Now there are people holding tickets that were sold as business - no upgrade involved (without reading the fare basis) - in R.

The rules are the rules, but this means they're going to have to turn away paid J pax.
The language is pretty clear though... All bookings in R, including but not limited to...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca

The language is pretty clear though... All bookings in R, including but not limited to...
Almost as if they predicted this or similar
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100K
Hey everyone! AC has confirmed that these tickets will accrue millage as a P fare, but SS access will not be granted.
gcashin and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.