Wiki Posts
Search

Eupgrades: Unable to process

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:16 pm
isi
Original Poster

Eupgrades: Unable to process

The last few days I’ve been getting an error when trying to pull up a reservation on the eupgrade site.
I have logged in, but when I enter the booking reference and last name and click “retrieve booking” I get the error:
“We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later.”

Anyone else?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by isi
The last few days I’ve been getting an error when trying to pull up a reservation on the eupgrade site.
I have logged in, but when I enter the booking reference and last name and click “retrieve booking” I get the error:

Anyone else?
Was working yesterday. If you need to get a request in I’d call the number on the back of your card.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by isi

Anyone else?
I had to call in yesterday due to a similar message but I suspect that my objective exacerbated the situation.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
I euped 2 flights today. No issues...
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:46 am
isi
Original Poster

Alrighty thanks.
I called in and did not get an explanation, except that it required a manual intervention.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by isi
Alrighty thanks.
I called in and did not get an explanation, except that it required a manual intervention.
The very same has happened to me a couple of times. Got the feeling they just wouldn’t tell me what happened, not that they didn’t know.

On one occasion they made a manual error to my great benefit so I didn’t complain!
isi likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Ambassador, Air Canada Aeroplan - Super Elite
Same thing just happened to me. I tried to eupgrade my flight this saturday using the website , but kept getting " temporarily unable to process your request" . So I called the 50k number on the back of my card. was on hold for 30 mins until call was answered but agent couldn't upgrade me either, ( web error she said) so she needed to put me on hold to ask the " help desk ?" .

another 30 mins on hold and she tells me that they put me on standby. I asked for a confirmation by email, and she told me not to worry, I was on standby. ( I have to also say the agent didn't seem friendly, in fact, rather abrupt when I asked questions) This doesn't leave me with a "warm and fuzzy". Is there anyway to confirm I am on the standby list for upgrade aside from waiting for the list 24 hours before flight ?

Last edited by piperdown; Feb 2, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by piperdown
Same thing just happened to me. I tried to eupgrade my flight this saturday from YYZ to LHR on AC848 using the website , but kept getting " temporarily unable to process your request" . So I called the 50k number on the back of my card. was on hold for 30 mins until call was answered but agent couldn't upgrade me either, ( web error she said) so she needed to put me on hold to ask the " help desk ?" .

another 30 mins on hold and she tells me that they put me on standby. I asked for a confirmation by email, and she told me not to worry, I was on standby. ( I have to also say the agent didn't seem friendly, in fact, rather abrupt when I asked questions) This doesn't leave me with a "warm and fuzzy". Is there anyway to confirm I am on the standby list for upgrade aside from waiting for the list 24 hours before flight ?
I'm not familiar with a standby list for upgrade; unless she meant waitlist. Does it say anything useful within the eUpgrade page? If it doesn't say you are waitlisted there I'd call back. When you have nothing to do for an hour. I'm sure the long wait is due to this unexpected weather currently occurring in Canada.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Same thing just happened to me. I tried to eupgrade my flight this saturday from YYZ to LHR on AC848 using the website , but kept getting " temporarily unable to process your request" . So I called the 50k number on the back of my card. was on hold for 30 mins until call was answered but agent couldn't upgrade me either, ( web error she said) so she needed to put me on hold to ask the " help desk ?" .

@piperdown
What was your base fare category? (Standard, Flex, Comfort, etc.) And which fare class letter?
Also, are you trying to upgrade to Business or PE?

The flight is showing J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 R0 O6 E6 N4 so if you are trying to upgrade to business class then you being on the upgrade waitlist for business class would be correct, assuming that the agent meant business class when they said "standby list".
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:56 am

my base fare is FLEX "Q" with a 014 ticket. Yes, I am trying to eupgrade to business. The agent told me it was 21 eupgrade credits plus $500 ( and took my CC info)
I dont have an issue with the amount of credits as I have about 40 that will expire on Feb 28 !
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
my base fare is FLEX "Q" with a 014 ticket. Yes, I am trying to eupgrade to business. The agent told me it was 21 eupgrade credits plus $500 ( and took my CC info)
I dont have an issue with the amount of credits as I have about 40 that will expire on Feb 28 !
@piperdown

If you can't view this in your eUpgrade account page, then you can simply look at the booking on the ac.com website. When you are on the upgrade waitlist, your itinerary page will typically show two of the same flight that you are trying to upgrade (you can think of the duplicate line as kind of a placeholder, if you will).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:40 am

I have no idea what is happening...
on the AC website, I now get this error "We're not able to display your booking online. Please contact Air Canada ReservationsOpens in a new window for assistance."
also, when I use the AC app on my phone i get a message saying " the booking has been cancelled!!! "
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no idea what is happening...
on the AC website, I now get this error "We're not able to display your booking online. Please contact Air Canada ReservationsOpens in a new window for assistance."
also, when I use the AC app on my phone i get a message saying " the booking has been cancelled!!! "
How did you book this ticket? I was assuming you booked through the AC website or the AC app?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:33 pm

the ticket was booked via HRG that does government travel.

but, I can assure you that I did not, nor did my admin staff cancel this booking.

could AC have changed the booking REF ? I haven't received any email notification.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the ticket was booked via HRG that does government travel.

but, I can assure you that I did not, nor did my admin staff cancel this booking.

could AC have changed the booking REF ? I haven't received any email notification.
Time to phone AC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.