Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

Is the vertical divider (the gray panel in photos) between the two center Business Class seats (D and G) on AC 777s removable? It's a different color than the surrounding material and looks like a separate piece when viewed from above.

If not, what's the best seat choice for a couple?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Welcome to Flyertalk.
I think that is discussed here.
Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone
If I recall correctly the answer is no, but you'll find the thread useful.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
It is a separate piece. Not removable. I think they’re still the best seats for a couple.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:04 pm

The best seats? I booked two window seats for my wife and myself thinking those were the best
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by Bravada04
The best seats? I booked two window seats for my wife and myself thinking those were the best
Window seats are the best because you have a window to look out of, and a personally controlled shade that goes up and down. Unless you were planning to hold hands for the entire flight or talk loudly across the divider, you'll be fine in the window seats.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
It would be helpful if questions re cabin photos were all in the Master thread so it is easier for others to search and find answers in one thread, versus multiples.

@sabresailor

The B777 and B788/9 business class cabins have the same seats. Questions about dividers, seats for couples, and photos of seats can be found here

Photos and info.

Seats and Cabins on the B788, B789, and the 777 (3 versions)

This info in in the wiki on the thread Air Canada plans to refurbish 18 of its 777

Originally Posted by 24left
See wiki at top of page in the Dreamliner thread re divider

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rvice-245.html

"Q: Does the middle J seats' middle divider come down?
A: No, on the 788 and 789 the middle divider does not come down and is fixed in place. In fact, all Dream Cabin (788, 789, 77L, 77W) middle dividers are fixed and do not come down."

Also, best seat for couples (or co-workers flying together) is also discussed in this thread.

The aisle seats are not a straight match, slightly staggered.

I've done 1A-2A 1A-1D, 4D-4G and 5G-5K, and 2A-3A

None were bad, none were perfect. It all depends on how much you need to communicate. Forget hand-holding.

EDIT: And the Dreamliner thread also has many cabin and seat/pod photos

Also

787 seating for couples/families
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I'm a huge fan of the middle seats when travelling with my wife. Its very easy to share across the divider (drinks, snacks), pass a laptop or some information/papers across, without having someone awkwardly turning around.

When travelling solo, always window.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:20 am

Shoot! There seems to be a 50/50 split as to which seats are best for couples! I have booked both window seats for us on AC and EVA coming home. I think EVA's divider is a little less confined that AC? Maybe we try AC on the windows and EVA in the middle.

The window seats do seem a little more cozy plus the window is a bonus........for me anyway. I'm stressed!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Shoot! There seems to be a 50/50 split as to which seats are best for couples! I have booked both window seats for us on AC and EVA coming home. I think EVA's divider is a little less confined that AC? Maybe we try AC on the windows and EVA in the middle.

The window seats do seem a little more cozy plus the window is a bonus........for me anyway. I'm stressed!
EVA doesn't have a divider. It's just a bit of an extension to the side of the D-G seat frame that when you lean back, you don't see the other person. I've posted photos a couple of times.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Best Seats for Couples on AC 777s in Business Class

My wife and I are flying AC 777s from Toronto to Beijing and back from Hong Kong to Toronto.

We are used to sitting next to each other in Business Class on many airlines, and found from a previous thread I started that the center two seats on AC 777s have a high divider that essentially isolates you from the person on the other side (D and G seats).

So now that we know that, can anyone share what they think are the best seats for couples in AC 777s in Business Class? It appears that the seats on either side of the aisle are staggered (eg, 3A and 3D) so any conversation might be difficult.

Which of the three options (eg, 3A/4A, 3A/3D, or 3D/3G) would you recommend for a couple given the limitations of each?

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sabresailor
My wife and I are flying AC 777s from Toronto to Beijing and back from Hong Kong to Toronto.

We are used to sitting next to each other in Business Class on many airlines, and found from a previous thread I started that the center two seats on AC 777s have a high divider that essentially isolates you from the person on the other side (D and G seats).

So now that we know that, can anyone share what they think are the best seats for couples in AC 777s in Business Class? It appears that the seats on either side of the aisle are staggered (eg, 3A and 3D) so any conversation might be difficult.

Which of the three options (eg, 3A/4A, 3A/3D, or 3D/3G) would you recommend for a couple given the limitations of each?

Thanks so much.
@sabresailor
You started this other thread on January 18 and there are many answers posted there, including links to discussions on best seats for couples.

Also as noted, the 777 and 787 Business Class cabin have the same seats, so the answer to your question about couples applies to both aircraft types.

Divider Between Business Class Seats D and G on AC 777s

See post 6.
nexusCFX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.