Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Roots pyjamas coming soon? Update: Roots in-flight sweatpants giveaway

Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, Skywards Silver

Just saw this on the AC facebook page.

I guess we'll find out Monday.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE
That's my guess too. A lot of other carriers have introduced PJ's on their long haul biz class routes in the past few years. Mattress pads and PJ's were two of the main amenities that AC was missing; they've added the mattress pads, so it looks like the PJ's are coming!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:36 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Hooray?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Well my Aussie friends who travel AC J may have a field day with this .... as they explained to me that Roots in Aussie slang means something quite different.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Will the PJs be accompanied by a clean lav to change in or is that asking too much?
canolakid likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by yyzwanderer
Just saw this on the AC facebook page.

I guess we'll find out Monday.
Have a flight back from TPE next weekend, so hope I get a set. Once can never have too many PJ's.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Clearly, as in life, there are PJ fans on this forum.

But I'm not sure how I feel about seeing my fellow pax all wandering in PJs. Slumber party at Flight Level 390 anyone?

To each his/her own I guess.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by vernonc
Roots in Aussie slang means something quite different.
It's the same meaning as used by 15yr old boys in NZ, the UK and most of its former empire countries. One day, they'll grow beyond the need to snicker about it, hopefully before the stage in life they can afford to fly in J.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm not sure how I feel about seeing my fellow pax all wandering in PJs
As long as they aren't performing mid-aisle yoga poses or indiscrete package-shifting motions, I'm perfectly ok with it. There shouldn't be too much passenger 'wandering' - it's not like AC has a an airborne lounge - but I certainly feel the need for more comfortable attire when settling into a long haul flight. Like most of the toiletry bag contents, I fear these are mainly single-use items that won't enhance any airline's commitment to sustainability or minimal impact upon the environment. I guess one positive is that the PJs will provide an extra layer of padding against the aerial park benches.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I imagine it will be a "one size fits all" which should be interesting for those at the opposite ends of the sizing scale...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Am I the only cynical one? I'm thinking likely some promo / discount code in partnership with Roots; or a specially designed pair of sweatpants with the AC logo? I didn't think free PJs. Guess we'll see on Monday.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I hope not.

I already change for long-hauls, but into shorts/tshirt.... Free PJs for everybody will just cause line ups for the lavs pre-flight and in the last hour of the flight as everybody scrambles to get their clothes back on before landing.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Plumber
I hope not.

I already change for long-hauls, but into shorts/tshirt.... Free PJs for everybody will just cause line ups for the lavs pre-flight and in the last hour of the flight as everybody scrambles to get their clothes back on before landing.
We should start a pool for first report in the "shaves on a plane" thread of somebody changing in the aisle and spotted wearing nothing but tighty whiteys during the process.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ridefar
... and spotted wearing nothing but tighty whiteys ...
Let's hope that they are at least wearing these.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Clearly, as in life, there are PJ fans on this forum.

But I'm not sure how I feel about seeing my fellow pax all wandering in PJs. Slumber party at Flight Level 390 anyone?

To each his/her own I guess.
Any flight I have been on when they hand out PJ's, seems to have an uptake rate of only 10 to 15%. I don't always wear them on a flight, but I like bringing them home unused and either using them or giving them as small gifts to various people who appreciate them.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC 50K
Does this mean that on board showers are in the near for future or is that like thinking a Canadian team will win the Stanley Cup....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.