Search
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Date: 2019/01/31
Time: ~19:15 to ~22:00
71 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1T9
(416) 368-4095
Reservation: Under jc94's first name which he says most of us attending will know... otherwise FT PM jc94 for his name (prefers not to share name publicly).

​​​​​​Attendees

Confirmed
jc94
Jumper Jack
songsc
yyznomad
Jma12
vernonc+1

Waitlisted
RCyyz
IluvSQ

Regrets
canopus27
24left
meagicano
ESC
Print Wikipost

YYZ Mini Do (2019/01/31)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Awesome. I’ve let them know it’s now 8-10 people.

They’re being a real pain about the seperate bills so we’ll need to keep an eye on that. My budget doesn’t stretch to covering 10 of us sorry

At least it’s not as cold as ORD up here So glad I’m not routing through there any more on Friday.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Too bad there's nothing out west lately.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There was a YYC do in December.

But it's been a while since I've been to YVR.
There will be a YVR do in late March/Early April. I am awaiting some plans on my end before throwing a couple of dates/options together.

Enough of missing all of these and not meeting the legends. And Cow too.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves tomorrow, kids. Have a Kit Kat for me. Better yet, have a cold and delicious beer.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
There will be a YVR do in late March/Early April. I am awaiting some plans on my end before throwing a couple of dates/options together.
Sounds great. Share dates when you have them.

Enjoy the YYZ mini do tomorrow for those that are attending.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I may try to show up - fresh from the SIN do and the BKK Post-SIN do, may as well make it a triple-header this month...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Awesome, more the merrier. I heard we may have an extra guest too.

I’m finally on my way downtown on a vastly delayed Go train. I waited at home to checkin for my flight but of course, I can’t check in online.

Btw does anyone coming want broccoli, spinach and something and half a zucchini? I hate throwing food out and overshopped. I can either bring it along or give it to someone at work

Last edited by jc94; Jan 31, 2019 at 11:14 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jc94
......Btw does anyone coming want broccoli, spinach and something and half a zucchini? I hate throwing food out and overshopped. I can either bring it along or give it to someone at work
Are your vegetables frozen?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: TK *G

I’m finally on my way downtown on a vastly delayed Go train. I waited at home to checkin for my flight but of course, I can’t check in online.

Btw does anyone coming want broccoli, spinach and something and half a zucchini? I hate throwing food out and overshopped. I can either bring it along or give it to someone at work
I don’t recall seeing spinach, but broccoli and zucchini are very common on AC. We just need some carrot and some sort of protein, then we can cook a few AC J mains

And obviouslly we need ice cold plates
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by songsc

I don’t recall seeing spinach, but broccoli and zucchini are very common on AC. We just need some carrot and some sort of protein, then we can cook a few AC J mains

And obviouslly we need ice cold plates
LOL. We need to have a Do where we re-create the AC cabin experience. I'm finding this idea mildly amusing. Cold plates for hot food, warm champagne....lol
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
LOL. We need to have a Do where we re-create the AC cabin experience. I'm finding this idea mildly amusing. Cold plates for hot food, warm champagne....lol
Are you bringing some rare KitKat flavors. I draw the line at fish flavored chocolate though.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

With the increasing numbers and UCs unwillingness to split checks I think we’ll have to move to WVRST I’m afraid. I’ll PM everyone on the list shortly.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

@jc94

I'll take all the veggies off you. Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vernonc
Are you bringing some rare KitKat flavors. I draw the line at fish flavored chocolate though.
Do they have a fish flavoured Kit Kat?
@SteadyAT gave me a couple of Japanese mini-Kit Kats at the Dec 22 Do.....A Sake flavour, Hokkaido Melon, and Matcha. Yum. I did't buy any in NRT.

With the increasing numbers and UCs unwillingness to split checks I think we’ll have to move to WVRST I’m afraid. I’ll PM everyone on the list shortly.
​​​​​​​Thanks for the update !!!!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My FT PM inbox is over quota.
I am ok with WVRST. Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:16 pm

Thanks for the update. Will show up at WVRST instead. Do we have a reservation there?

On another note, there should be space in the food court downstairs as well.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Make sure to have a snack basket, with Kit Kats missing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.