Search
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Date: 2019/01/31
Time: ~19:15 to ~22:00
71 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1T9
(416) 368-4095
Reservation: Under jc94's first name which he says most of us attending will know... otherwise FT PM jc94 for his name (prefers not to share name publicly).

​​​​​​Attendees

Confirmed
jc94
Jumper Jack
songsc
yyznomad
Jma12
vernonc+1

Waitlisted
RCyyz
IluvSQ

Regrets
canopus27
24left
meagicano
ESC
Print Wikipost

YYZ Mini Do (2019/01/31)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Too bad there's nothing out west lately.
There was a YYC do in December.

But it's been a while since I've been to YVR.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
out

The time conflicts with the Raptors game @ the ACC next door! I am out.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by songsc
I have a few pairs of slippers from my holiday travels. If anyone can put them into better use than collect dusts please let me know, will bring them over to the DO.
I could use a new pair or two if you’re offering for my TPACs. The nomad ones got rather bent. And after spending some time in an AC washroom ...

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Too bad there's nothing out west lately.
You can always set one up
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There was a YYC do in December.

But it's been a while since I've been to YVR.
Yeah, missed that one regrettably. But have some extra availability in January/February.

Originally Posted by jc94
You can always set one up
Touché.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: TK *G

I could use a new pair or two if you’re offering for my TPACs. The nomad ones got rather bent. And after spending some time in an AC washroom ...
Will bring them over
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
OK, baring any unexpected travel, I'm confirmed for the DO now. Wiki has been updated.

@yyznomad, you're next to confirm ....
Yes sir!
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
OK, baring any unexpected travel, I'm confirmed for the DO now. Wiki has been updated.

@yyznomad, you're next to confirm ....
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes sir!
Well, I'm frustrated, but at least I put a caveat in my post above.

Unexpected travel has indeed popped up, and I'll now be in NYC during the DO. Sorry guys, I'm out.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'm frustrated, but at least I put a caveat in my post above.

Unexpected travel has indeed popped up, and I'll now be in NYC during the DO. Sorry guys, I'm out.
Doh!

Well I've made a reservation for 6 people in the hopes at least one of the two waitlisted people clears the list, it's set for 7:15pm as I can commit to being there for then latest unless the TTC goes horribly wrong.
It's under my name, if you're coming and don't know my name, PM me as I'm not quite that public - but I think everyone on there currently does.

Oh and they warned for separate bills it might take "some time" to get them and it's 18% gratuity added automatically. Hopefully no issues there.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Doh!

Well I've made a reservation for 6 people in the hopes at least one of the two waitlisted people clears the list, it's set for 7:15pm as I can commit to being there for then latest unless the TTC goes horribly wrong.
It's under my name, if you're coming and don't know my name, PM me as I'm not quite that public - but I think everyone on there currently does.

Oh and they warned for separate bills it might take "some time" to get them and it's 18% gratuity added automatically. Hopefully no issues there.
Hi everyone, I will probably arrive a bit late on Thursday around 7:30ish. See you there!
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would have been nice to attend, has been awhile. Am at YYZ HGI on 30th. Off to BGI on 31st.
A Caribbean do would be interesting
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Doh!

We just cancelled our meetings on Thurs so I’ll be back home tomorrow night and can make it!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meagicano
We just cancelled our meetings on Thurs so I’ll be back home tomorrow night and can make it!
Awesome I think you're not the only one who is dependent upon YYZ not collapsing tomorrow, I'll give them a call later and tell them it's looking more like 7-8 people than 6 assuming we don't have a complete transport meltdown in the GTA.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Looks like I will make it too though still tentative. And will have to leave by 9pm. Might likely bring my significant other too if I make it. So she can see why I spend so much time on FT.
Hopefully the DO is still on and no one is chickening out because its cold - center of the Universe people can suck it up. Almost like Winnipegers :-)
jc94 likes this.

Last edited by vernonc; Jan 30, 2019 at 4:02 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Might likely bring my significant other too if I make it. So she can see why I spend so much time on FT.
Or she might forbid you from associating with us.
But if that's part of the healing process for you to rid yourself of FT from your system, then it might be a good tactic.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Or she might forbid you from associating with us.
But if that's part of the healing process for you to rid yourself of FT from your system, then it might be a good tactic.
Yeah right.
She does not like my travel but likes the free holidays specially the odd trips in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.