Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Possible Air Canada CSeries routes (A220)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Air Canada CSeries routes (A220)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
Well Air Canada has annoused the first route for Spring 2020 Montreal-Seattle and Toronto-San Jose

a bunch more info for the AC A220 https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...leet/a220.html

Keep in mind, the real first routes will likely be short hauls around central Canada.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marco Polo
The inaugural A220 YUL-SEA flight should fly a few circles around Renton Field before landing, if the MAX is still grounded by May.
YVR72 and asovse1 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pprrff
AC has tried to get a DCA perimeter exemption to do DCA-YVR on an A319 in the past but was denied. Looks like they're looking at IAD for these routes this time. I feel like there's a potential market to YVR + TPAC connections. YYC also shows up as a potential route.
I've only jumped into this thread for the first time so forgive how late I am to the discussion, but if YVR-DCA/IAD happened I'd be thrilled. More so if it's DCA. That would save me so many hours a month...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Are these flights loaded yet? I can't seem to book YYZ-SJC.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are these flights loaded yet? I can't seem to book YYZ-SJC.
Two of us already posted dates and fares for YUL-SEA for May 4 2020, so....

I see J is not available for an umber of days the week of May 4 though

And YYZ-SJC

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Stranger
:-) 2-2 in J vs. 2-3 in Y. However seat width is the same as in other narrowbodies. I imagine seats are the same as on the Max.
Y seats are 1 inch wider on the A220 in Y, but I also don’t believe the Y seats on the 7M8 are 18 inches wide.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Stranger
:-) 2-2 in J vs. 2-3 in Y. However seat width is the same as in other narrowbodies. I imagine seats are the same as on the Max.
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Y seats are 1 inch wider on the A220 in Y, but I also don’t believe the Y seats on the 7M8 are 18 inches wide.
AC gives you a "wide" seat on the MAX by giving you a tiny twig of an armrest. Width betwee centre point of seats and shoulder room, which is what counts for most passengers is definitely better on the A220.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:34 am

(screenshots removed to keep quote small)

Originally Posted by 24left
Two of us already posted dates and fares for YUL-SEA for May 4 2020, so....

I see J is not available for an umber of days the week of May 4 though

And YYZ-SJC
Thanks. I can't see it in EF, which is what makes me question things.

I just booked me+1 on May 4 YYZ-SJC in J through Aeroplan. Didn't even need IKK.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Interesting - the A220-300 delivery is early, I thought it was December delivery.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:24 pm

I'm extremely happy to see they will have USB C charging.
lsquare, flyquiet and YYC3722 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I've only jumped into this thread for the first time so forgive how late I am to the discussion, but if YVR-DCA/IAD happened I'd be thrilled. More so if it's DCA.
Don't hold your breath. US airlines have many places outside the perimeter rule that they would like to fly, so if the authorities are minded to start granting exceptions, I'd guess AC would be well down the pecking order. AC hasn't been talking about DCA for the mooted YVR (and YYC) flights, they've been talking about IAD.

While IAD isn't as convenient for O/D Washington area most of the time, going there may also open up some options for connections, since it's a UA hub (although they have pared it back somewhat in recent years).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Nice to see this released!

My first thought though - thats a lot of capacity! For some reason, I thought the 220 would be somewhere between E90 and 319, more as an E90 replacement, but this is pushing 320 capacity! I wonder if some existing 319 flights will be replaced with the 220 and the 319s used to replace the E90s....

The cabin looks OK but is it just me, or do the Y lavs look extremely tight? I wish AC did what Delta did and make the lavs bigger!

Also, why the Y+ so far back? I always like how Y+ is at the front of the Y cabin, it seems random to have them placed behind the exit?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by nave888
Nice to see this released!

My first thought though - thats a lot of capacity! For some reason, I thought the 220 would be somewhere between E90 and 319, more as an E90 replacement, but this is pushing 320 capacity! I wonder if some existing 319 flights will be replaced with the 220 and the 319s used to replace the E90s....

The cabin looks OK but is it just me, or do the Y lavs look extremely tight? I wish AC did what Delta did and make the lavs bigger!

Also, why the Y+ so far back? I always like how Y+ is at the front of the Y cabin, it seems random to have them placed behind the exit?
The exit row is fixed, so either they'd have to take out an entire row or reduce J pitch to give a couple extra inches to preferred seats, or they had to put the preferred seats somewhere else.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nave888

Indeed. I have been trying to say that for a while... My take, if the Max does not get back online before they receive these, and especially if the economy goes south, AC might be in a position to forego the additional Max they have not received yet/negotiate with Boeing perhaps in exchange for expected penalties. Maybe keep some of the Max for the European long haul routes only.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Pretty disappointing that there's no information about possible A220 routes from YVR. Is AC planning to fly A220s out of YVR at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.