Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Using eUps from Standard to PE on a TATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

I've never eUpped from Y to PE before, but I've got a LHR-YYZ later this month, ticketed in Standard K, that is showing J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R9 O9 E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9.

I'm unsure which fare class relates to PE eUps in the way that R-space does to Business eUps. Can I even confirm an eUp to PE in advance, or is it all at the airport?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I've never eUpped from Y to PE before, but I've got a LHR-YYZ later this month, ticketed in Standard K, that is showing J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R9 O9 E9 N9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9.

I'm unsure which fare class relates to PE eUps in the way that R-space does to Business eUps. Can I even confirm an eUp to PE in advance, or is it all at the airport?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
My understanding is that the booking space comes out of O or N, but is not the same as O or N. No way to determine if there is PE space from EF that I know of.

I fly a lot of paid Y and PE, and when I cannot get PE for a reasonable price and I buy Y I usually try to upgrade in to PE. I was 100% at the gate on TATLs this year, 0% in advance. I'm not sure if it is possible to confirm ahead of time, but I've certainly never experienced it buying Flex fares and then applying at the opening of the window. My understanding is that because you have people in Y waitlisted for J who end up in O (PE) when J fills, people in Y waitlisted for O and people in O waitlisted for J that they need to just sort the whole thing out at the gate.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM

AIUI both awards & eUpgrades into PE book into fare bucket N. If I'm not mistaken, though, your paid ticket needs to be in Flex or higher to eUp to PE on a TATL.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm surprised that RM would keep so many R-spaces available on such a premium route.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shadowspar
AIUI both awards & eUpgrades into PE book into fare bucket N. If I'm not mistaken, though, your paid ticket needs to be in Flex or higher to eUp to PE on a TATL.
You end up in N, but it's not based on the availability of N.
shadowspar likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Welcome back, @YOWgary
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Welcome back, @YOWgary
Nope.

But you should definitely meet us somewhere else.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
You can’t eUp from Standard to PY. You can in some of the alphabet soup options of Flex but the list of fares drops from 5 to 2 (MU) if you are below E50k.

I can’t see / recall what status level the OP has here, but felt this salient for any future readers. Personally I was unable to even request an eUp as an E35k as I was booked into H.

Of course AC is more than happy on the once again extended promo to upgrade you to J if you have R space, 21 credits and $600-$750 copay depending on exact fare from Standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.