Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UA *G seat selection on Rouge flights

UA *G seat selection on Rouge flights

Old Jan 12, 19, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mellon View Post
actually for years AC gold got access to E+ seats, but UA gold got nothing on AC, in part probably because AC had nothing to offer.
that was gone by 2009....... now itís just a YMMV
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AA EXP, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post

You are correct, back in the UACO days seat selection was possible and free for UA Golds and above regardless of ticket stock. That changed around late '16 (I recall arguing with the agent about this and her relenting and saying she'll make an exception this one time). Combine that and the reduction in bag allowance for us UA elites and is it any wonder why we choose UA?

Still doesn't hurt to try calling it in and acting dumb... "Well the last time I flew you folks back in 2015 seat assignment was free". All things being equal I'll try and get my AC ticket on UA stock or use an AC flight pass which grants free seat selection.

-James

-James
The quoted post referred to the fact AC elites used to get free E+, when in return AC couldnt offer anything to UA*G

Ticket stock has zero relavance to any seat assignements, free or paid, I have no idea what you are talking about
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
The quoted post referred to the fact AC elites used to get free E+, when in return AC couldnt offer anything to UA*G

Ticket stock has zero relavance to any seat assignements, free or paid, I have no idea what you are talking about
My experience is different than yours then. I distinctly recall being able to get free non preferred seat assignment on all AC flights which AC culled in '16. Now I'm lucky if my UA ticket stock AC flight gets me any seat assignment.

-James
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, AA EXP, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post

Now I'm lucky if my UA ticket stock AC flight gets me any seat assignment.

-James
I still have no idea what you are on about ticket stock. Whether its an 014 or 016 ticket doesnt matter for seat selection without AC status. Purely based on fare paid, not who issued the ticket.
Old Today, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Exclamation

Please note that a number of posts have been deleted as off topic so in future members should refrain from posting about matters that aren't relevant to the topic of the thread.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
Old Today, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Please note that a number of posts have been deleted as off topic so in future members should refrain from posting about matters that aren't relevant to the topic of the thread.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
I can solve this pretty quickly.

The answer is no.

Having foreign *G status won't help at any point.

YMMV with agents you encounter, but I still think the status won't matter. The cost to someone with *G is $x. The cost to someone with no status is $x. They're making the same policy violation either way.

There's really no more to say on the topic.
RatherBeInYOW likes this.