Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid Meals in Y

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks. And how are we supposed to have known that? Promo codes imply discount promos. It would be nice if they provided this little detail on the drop down where we find these codes on the Altitude site!
Well yes.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:21 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks. And how are we supposed to have known that? Promo codes imply discount promos. It would be nice if they provided this little detail on the drop down where we find these codes on the Altitude site!
Well, maybe.

To be fair, the following language appears if you click on the Terms and Conditions link of ANY of these Bistro codes (as seen on the "Promo Code" menu item right next to "My Privileges" on the Altitude site):

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

aircanada.com Travel Options: Air Canada Bistro

You receive aircanada.com Travel Options as one of your Altitude Super Elite 100K Privileges. Complete your eligible booking at aircanada.com with one of the promotion codes and you will receive complimentary Air Canada Bistro items during your journey.

This travel option is applicable only for new reservations completed at aircanada.com and when travel begins at least 72 hours after time of booking. Each promotional code is valid for one-time use and for a maximum of six passengers per reservation. To apply, all customers must be booked on the same reservation. All travel must be booked and completed by June 30, 2019. Your entitlement to a complimentary Air Canada Bistro option will appear on your boarding pass.

Air Canada Bistro only applies on flights within North America operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge over 2 hours. Air Canada Bistro promotion codes cannot be applied on Flight Pass reservations or on Aeroplan Flight Rewards, or retroactively applied to previously booked reservations. Each passenger will be eligible for one meal item and one snack item. Exceptions and other restrictions may apply. Air Canada will not be responsible if this promotion code is applied on a non-eligible reservation for Air Canada Bistro. View the menu ahead of time at aircanada.com/aircanadabistro.
The instructions are pretty clear and the term Promotion Code is used pretty consistently throughout this and the AC booking site.

If your beef is with these even being called promotions, then maybe let AC know that you find it confusing and suggest an alternative.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
The one area where I believe you can double up (using a 15% code AND a bistro code) is via the corporate rewards site if your profile has the codes added to it. It allows you to use them as options as you book your flights.

At least that's what happened to me last time (got 15% off, plus had the add on)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Question for those who have used these prepaid vouchers in the past...
I was recently on a flight where I bought the prepaid voucher for a meal + snack. The terms of the voucher online seem to indicate that as long as the combined total is under $14.57 + HST, then you can pick any meal + snack combo. I opted for the Freshii bowl which is more expensive than the other meals at $13.50 + tax, thinking that because the bowl comes with a free snack that technically my combined meal + snack is $13.50 and under the $14.57 requirement. The FA on board however told me I needed to pay an additional $5 for this since it was more expensive than the other meal options. I didn't want to get into an argument and hold up meal service so I paid the $5 and moved on as I wanted the bowl, but am wondering if this is right or not? If I am paying extra to bridge the gap between the regular meals and this one, shouldn't I get an additional snack on top of the "free" one that comes with the bowl then? At the end of the day I ended up paying $7.95 for the voucher plus $5.00 for a $13.50 bowl and snack....that doesn't seem right.

I emailed AC to understand further if this was indeed the right practice and got a 15% discount code instead of an explanation....I responded again as I really just wanted to understand the terms of this product but have not heard back further.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by TOR27
Question for those who have used these prepaid vouchers in the past...
I was recently on a flight where I bought the prepaid voucher for a meal + snack. The terms of the voucher online seem to indicate that as long as the combined total is under $14.57 + HST, then you can pick any meal + snack combo. I opted for the Freshii bowl which is more expensive than the other meals at $13.50 + tax, thinking that because the bowl comes with a free snack that technically my combined meal + snack is $13.50 and under the $14.57 requirement. The FA on board however told me I needed to pay an additional $5 for this since it was more expensive than the other meal options. I didn't want to get into an argument and hold up meal service so I paid the $5 and moved on as I wanted the bowl, but am wondering if this is right or not? If I am paying extra to bridge the gap between the regular meals and this one, shouldn't I get an additional snack on top of the "free" one that comes with the bowl then? At the end of the day I ended up paying $7.95 for the voucher plus $5.00 for a $13.50 bowl and snack....that doesn't seem right.

I emailed AC to understand further if this was indeed the right practice and got a 15% discount code instead of an explanation....I responded again as I really just wanted to understand the terms of this product but have not heard back further.
I never had any issue getting the Pangoa bowl plus Kit Kat combo using these vouchers. I don’t think you should have paid anything. Or I have been lucky in the past. Many times.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Its consistently inconsistent. Sometimes they don't bother with the $3 or $5 or $10, sometimes they block a combo more than the value, sometimes they never come back to collect the delta. Sometimes without a voucher they never come back to collect the full price. Young, old, busy, light load. No pattern. I've given up trying to find a pattern.
jasdou likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
The only time I've been charged a surcharge is when I ask for surplus business class meals. Otherwise anything plus anything is netted down to 0 owing.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Sorry, bumping this but didn't want to create a new thread.

Cancelling a ticket booked within the last 24 hours with prepaid bistro...looks like when I try to cancel my ticket online it'll only refund me the airfare and not the bistro costs.

I know I know...AC T&C states that vouchers are non-refundable but since this is tied to the booking I'm curious how its addressed.

On a long long long hold with reservations right now.

Update: After an hour on hold, agent had to refund them separately. Bistro vouchers first, then manually refund the airfare.

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Mar 3, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.