Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Crash Course/Required Reading for FFs New to Having Some Kind of Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crash Course/Required Reading for FFs New to Having Some Kind of Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If you are buying Y - are you earning only half qualifying miles everytime you fly, or are you overpaying for "flex" to sit in Y anyway?
Have you looked at outside AC - where its a lot easier and cheaper to earn/maintain status, and you get some sort of nicer economy seats on your longhauls (free exit rows, etc)
There are reasons to buy a Flex (or Comfort / Lat) ticket beyond additional AQM. Especially if the fare difference is not significant, and if one has status.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
Asking the experts...

If one cancels a fully completed check in do the chosen seats remain tied to you or is one again pre-selected the window and back of bus undesirables?
If by cancel you mean select your seat and exit out of the process before completing said process, then yes your seats remain to you. But only once after you have confirmed your seat change inside the process.

If by cancel you mean actually offloading yourself by selecting and confirming "No longer traveling", you also keep whatever seat you last selected.

Is OLCI available after cancelling a completed check in?
I am assuming you mean selecting "No longer travelling" to offload yourself. Nevertheless, yes, you can start the OLCI process over and over and make check-in related changes inside the process. I have done this countless times without issues (but not dozens of times for the same flight) for various reasons including changing my seat, offloading myself, re-read the LMU offer (if it appears again as it sometimes does not), etc.

Does confirming the "will no longer be travelling" question have any affect on one's reservation?
Not that I have experienced.

(but, IANAE)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If you are buying Y - are you earning only half qualifying miles everytime you fly, or are you overpaying for "flex" to sit in Y anyway?
Have you looked at outside AC - where its a lot easier and cheaper to earn/maintain status, and you get some sort of nicer economy seats on your longhauls (free exit rows, etc)
I’ve looked outside AC but based on where I’m flying, I’m stuck with AC or WS and I don’t do enough flying to have status on both of them. Also with friends in the industry, AC fares are cheaper for me.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:11 am

Changing return flight due to Travel Advisory at outlying station 20 hrs before the flight.
Told “Check in so I can give you your boarding pass".
Having previously always found https://mci.aircanada.com/mci/start quicker than the android app, entered my departure city and aeroplan number and submitted. Instantaneously heard a "ding" on the AC computer and my boarding pass began printing. This happened before my cell showed the MCI site display.
It appears no action is needed to check in other than accessing the MCI site.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, as soon as you get to that screen, you're checked in. The HTTP response doesn't actually need to make it to your device for this to happen - the request just needs to be processed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.