Wiki Posts
Search

market fare deals on aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, amex, priority club
market fare deals on aeroplan

is there a way to know when market fare deals on aeroplan show up at diff times of the year , or do u have to just keep checking , why i ask is i had to cancel flights that i booked that were market fare ,was better miles and taxes then reg fares, thought when i canceled my flights with aeroplan i could just book another flight , but was told i can only book a market fare flight which are a lot of times more miles and taxes then reg fare.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
keep checking WEB site

I stumbled on mine to LHR this Feb. IMO they are a bit hit and miss - and often involve less popular routings e.g. LHR-YUL.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Market Fare prices are based on ... market fares.

When prices go down, mileage cost goes down.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by radoak
is there a way to know when market fare deals on aeroplan show up at diff times of the year , or do u have to just keep checking , why i ask is i had to cancel flights that i booked that were market fare ,was better miles and taxes then reg fares, thought when i canceled my flights with aeroplan i could just book another flight , but was told i can only book a market fare flight which are a lot of times more miles and taxes then reg fare.
@radoak

As per @canadiancow
Unfortunately, no. You have to keep checking.
Anecdotally, it's rare that market fare flights on AP are actually a better deal than the regular "revenue" prices once the grand total and Aeroplan points are quoted/charged.
There have been several reported cases here where there is a pretty good market fare for a route, but with further digging it is discovered that a revenue booking through ac.com is even better.
So finding a similar "price" as your originally booked flight won't be easy, IMHO, but still possible... depending on the market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.