Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE I goes to Y due to IRROPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't really see why there's a reason to complain to anyone other than LX here.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't really see why there's a reason to complain to anyone other than LX here.
I tend to agree. Swiss screwed me in ZRH, massively. They failed to get me to my end destination on time, 3h late is €300 off the bat unless they claim exceptional circumstances. Which is not snow in ZRH when others got out.

For the rest of the issues, I want significantly more.
The downgrade, again if Swiss had me in on time, wouldn’t have happened. And me taking that saved LX a ton of money on a hotel AND the fact that I’d be going for €600.

I would settle for €600 and my points back. Or a LX J flight ZRH YUL YYZ next January to see if they can do better. Perhaps not realistic.

And while I can't do the cow justice here... my somewhat redacted passes.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jc94
BOOM
they put you on a flight due 3h01m after your original paid arrival, and the final carrier delivered you there a few min later. Perfect, as LX has no way to pass the blame now.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:24 am

And it looks like you were rebooked into full J, so I'd take a look at crediting that somewhere.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expert7700
they put you on a flight due 3h01m after your original paid arrival, and the final carrier delivered you there a few min later. Perfect, as LX has no way to pass the blame now.
Some airlines might try and claim extraordinary circumstances. But I do intend to pursue this for at least the €300 and if the initial letter fails there are other options. Reasonable airlines, mainly EU ones should be okay - so optimistic me thinks.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by bawm

But you are not flying AC to YUL. You will have to pick up your bag and drop it off after customs, I am sure of it.

Good luck!
bawm
This is correct - in November I flew MUC-YUL on LH and then YUL-YHZ on AC and had to drop my bags off myself at the connections belt after coming out of customs...
bawm likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JasYHZ
This is correct - in November I flew MUC-YUL on LH and then YUL-YHZ on AC and had to drop my bags off myself at the connections belt after coming out of customs...
Yes, Customs was interesting actually, when I did immigration the guy asked for my BP and I said sure but it’s invalid as I missed it. He sent to the the AC desk before immigration to see if they had a new one (they didn’t). The AC guy wasn’t happy, possibly because he had spent 5 mins before me telling someone else the same thing 20 times and she wouldn’t believe him (causing a delay). So he walked back with me to tell immigration to stop sending people to him! I’m sure you can imagine how well they took that.

Luckily baggage claim at YUL didn’t take an hour like at YYZ. Got bags and finally found the AC desk after customs to get new BPs and drop them. Which is when I posted, given the 7:02 time stamp that was actually 30-40 mins after we landed at 6:22 (wheels down). LX has arrival at 6:23. I was walking out the plane at 6:31 fwiw. I was going at significant speed, other than a several minute delay at immigration I had every single machine to choose from at connections and two people helping.

Honestly I don’t see how AC to AC flights avoid this pick up and recheck. I was continually told everyone picks up their bags. Arriving airline didn’t seem to make a difference.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:44 am

Yes, Customs was interesting actually, when I did immigration the guy asked for my BP and I said sure but it’s invalid as I missed it. He sent to the the AC desk before immigration to see if they had a new one (they didn’t). The AC guy wasn’t happy, possibly because he had spent 5 mins before me telling someone else the same thing 20 times and she wouldn’t believe him (causing a delay). So he walked back with me to tell immigration to stop sending people to him! I’m sure you can imagine how well they took that.

Luckily baggage claim at YUL didn’t take an hour like at YYZ. Got bags and finally found the AC desk after customs to get new BPs and drop them. Which is when I posted, given the 7:02 time stamp that was actually 30-40 mins after we landed at 6:22 (wheels down). LX has arrival at 6:23. I was walking out the plane at 6:31 fwiw. I was going at significant speed, other than a several minute delay at immigration I had every single machine to choose from at connections and two people helping.

Honestly I don’t see how AC to AC flights avoid this pick up and recheck. I was continually told everyone picks up their bags. Arriving airline didn’t seem to make a difference.
CBSA wouldn't let me through the OSS door without a valid BP for the future (but same day). I had to go to the AC desk and get a SBY BP for the flight I wanted to catch. But that was a very simple "Hi I'm on standby for 123 can you please print me a boarding pass for that?" "Sure here you go".
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp

Its been like this for many months now in YYZ.

EU, UK and Switzerland arrivals and the signage is very clear in both airports.

Not sure why YUL doesn't yet.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
CBSA wouldn't let me through the OSS door without a valid BP for the future (but same day). I had to go to the AC desk and get a SBY BP for the flight I wanted to catch. But that was a very simple "Hi I'm on standby for 123 can you please print me a boarding pass for that?" "Sure here you go".
At this time all I had was a psf from LX about being in the 5:30am. I guess I could have had AC print it but he demanded we both go speak to immigration.

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Its been like this for many months now in YYZ.

EU, UK and Switzerland arrivals and the signage is very clear in both airports.

Not sure why YUL doesn't yet.
Agreed, I’ve seen these signs at YYZ myself. I am much more familiar with many areas of YYZ of course.

Of course the amusing part is that the UK is currently in the EU
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know a source / official listing that the operating carrier is responsible for AE bookings on day of / within 24h of departure?

I can’t see this on AEs amazing website. And while I’m sure it’s contained here on FT, I was wondering if it’s officially documented somewhere

thanks
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Does anyone know a source / official listing that the operating carrier is responsible for AE bookings on day of / within 24h of departure?

I can’t see this on AEs amazing website. And while I’m sure it’s contained here on FT, I was wondering if it’s officially documented somewhere

thanks
Would similar wording but using generic "TA" or "OTA" work?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:51 pm

Try AC Travel Agent policy manuals. Believe I posted a link earlier up or in a nearby thread.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Would similar wording but using generic "TA" or "OTA" work?
Yup, I guess same principle.

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Try AC Travel Agent policy manuals. Believe I posted a link earlier up or in a nearby thread.
Found this thread/post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30593458-post17.html ? Not sure that would apply to an AE ticket under (supposed) LX control.
Mind you, I can simply focus on the fact that LX rebooked me without sufficient notice, or asking, on an impossible flight in the first instance Oh and that first AC rebooking? It was in J.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:12 am

Try these sources:

AC IROPS
https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...Operations.pdf

AC SKCH
https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...nge_policy.pdf

LX Fare/Reservation support (not much that stood out)
https://www.swiss.com/CMSContent/cor...rt_22JUN15.pdf
https://www.swiss.com/CMSContent/cor...et_20MAY14.pdf

Star Alliance Reference Guide
https://portal.staralliance.com/cms/..._2017-2018.pdf

and the SA portal https://portal.staralliance.com/employees/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.