Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE I goes to Y due to IRROPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jc94
So, €300 right unless they get me into YYZ before 9:30. But even then I got into YUL over 3h late. With LX I assume regardless.
It depends on arrival to final destination. So if you were 3 hours late getting to YUL but only 1 hour late to YYZ (I'm not sure what the actual numbers are, just for illustration), it's the 1 hour that counts.

In your case, this might cost you, but this benefits people whose flights aren't that late but who miss a connection and therefore end up much later.

Its nasty in the back here. Not flown Y in a while. I’m such a RCHHMP.
You're not RCHHMP for disliking Y - the inventor of that term doesn't exactly like slumming it in the back either. Besides, they're busy defending toenail clipper-eaters right now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm assuming that if the OP accepted Y for the Rapidair portion, then no comp is to be issued for the accepted downgrade? Yes, it's only a 45 min flight, but I'm asking on principle and for learning purposes.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Right. Sorry I was fixated on your Zone 1 as a Y-confirmed FOTSG in ticketed J.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, it seems to go by the fare basis code these days.

There were a bunch of non-revs on standby.

ML*2 means you were standby. You do not get fed in Y.
So if I’d been paid JCDZP I might have made J? Oh well lol. Probably puke it up.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It depends on arrival to final destination. So if you were 3 hours late getting to YUL but only 1 hour late to YYZ (I'm not sure what the actual numbers are, just for illustration), it's the 1 hour that counts.

In your case, this might cost you, but this benefits people whose flights aren't that late but who miss a connection and therefore end up much later.

You're not RCHHMP for disliking Y - the inventor of that term doesn't exactly like slumming it in the back either. Besides, they're busy defending toenail clipper-eaters right now.
Right. Well I was due into YYZ at 6:30pm as LX wasn’t able to book me onto the 6pm departure. It’s now 7:52, so see what time we make it in. They’re still trying to fit massive bags into the lack of space.

Mind blown.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm assuming that if the OP accepted Y for the Rapidair portion, then no comp is to be issued for the accepted downgrade? Yes, it's only a 45 min flight, but I'm asking on principle and for learning purposes.
I did wonder. But the alternative would almost certainly have meant a hotel, and probably a great case to deny paying it (LX or insurance) if I declined a flight for it.

I did consider YBYL too, but wasn’t up to it.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I did wonder. But the alternative would almost certainly have meant a hotel, and probably a great case to deny paying it (LX or insurance) if I declined a flight for it.

I did consider YBYL too, but wasn’t up to it.
Right.

Did you board with Zone 1 at least?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:58 pm

ML*2 means you were standby. You do not get fed in Y.
they feed you in Y? thought its BOB, unless they printed LT*07 (or whatever similar code it is now)

FYI filing EU261 on SWISS is a pain because they are technically not part of the EU (thats what i heard before)
https://www.pointswithacrew.com/fili...s-switzerland/

Last edited by global happy traveller; Jan 5, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So if I’d been paid JCDZP I might have made J? Oh well lol. Probably puke it up.
No, it was full. If there had been positive space in J, they would have confirmed you in it from the start.

They system doesn't treat I any differently from J in situations like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
they feed you in Y? thought its BOB, unless they printed LT*07 (or whatever similar code it is now)
LT07 (or whatever) doesn't mean you get an actual meal, it's just an entitlement to a choice of certain items from BoB for free.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Right.

Did you board with Zone 1 at least?
I literally sprinted from MLL to gate and up the Zone 1 line and breathed out I heard I cleared into Y

No, it was full. If there had been positive space in J, they would have confirmed you in it from the start.

They system doesn't treat I any differently from J in situations like this.
Confused drom previous post about fare code. I’ll review again tomorrow.

25C is empty. And 29B. I might wander up to J and peek.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
LT07 (or whatever) doesn't mean you get an actual meal, it's just an entitlement to a choice of certain items from BoB for free.
Adam, they dont stock up actual meals in North American Y to begin with. Can't say for now....but in the past if you were downgraded at least you had a LT*07 printed on your boarding pass which buys you a drink/snack or item from BOB
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adam, they dont stock up actual meals in North American Y to begin with.
They don't, but BOB does offer J meals, when available. (and @Adam Smith is correct in that the LT/07 code is restricted to some BOB)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I might wander up to J and peek.
If there is an empty J seat (make sure no J pax are in the J lav!), you should self-upgrade and let us know if the SD says anything.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

If there is an empty J seat (make sure no J pax are in the J lav!), you should self-upgrade and let us know if the SD says anything.
App list says full.

I didn’t even get time to try and break into a Intl MLL shower lol.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn’t even get time to try and break into a Intl MLL shower lol.
There, fixed that for you.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Adam, they dont stock up actual meals in North American Y to begin with. Can't say for now....but in the past if you were downgraded at least you had a LT*07 printed on your boarding pass which buys you a drink/snack or item from BOB
LT07 requires a fare class of Y or B, which isn't even given to you on Y segments of most P fares (as they book into M). In this situation, the segment was actually confirmed in J, but standby removed that. Full J fares don't even get you LT07 in that scenario (I have experience).

They don't, but BOB does offer J meals, when available. (and @Adam Smith is correct in that the LT/07 code is restricted to some BOB)
We're talking about YUL-YYZ. Do they even have anything for purchase aside from alcohol?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.