Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada : US CBP, Govt Shutdown and Big Red Notice.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada : US CBP, Govt Shutdown and Big Red Notice.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Marriot Rewards, Avis Preferred Plus
I showed up at SRQ 3 hours early last week expecting long TSA lines. Turns out, I should have researched the airport first. They don't use TSA, and they only have 12 gates. I was the *only* person in the security line. SRQ again this week, but flying from MCO next week, so cross my fingers it's not too bad.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Let's please dial back this thread to its origins which is about Air Canada trans-border flights out of Canadian airports with pre-clearance and not all U.S. airports.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Let's please dial back this thread to its origins which is about Air Canada trans-border flights out of Canadian airports with pre-clearance and not all U.S. airports.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
I agree, but Canadian Airport security has no bearing on a single airline. Can we remove Air Canada from the thread title? An Air Canada traveler vs a Westjet or Delta traveler departing on a trans-border flight will have the same pre-clearance experience. This has become the "goto thread" on this topic. There are no other competing threads on FT regarding the effects of the US Shutdown on border security and Canadian news continues to run reports of long pre-clearance lines where very few have actually been reported to actually exist.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I agree, but Canadian Airport security has no bearing on a single airline. Can we remove Air Canada from the thread title? An Air Canada traveler vs a Westjet or Delta traveler departing on a trans-border flight will have the same pre-clearance experience. This has become the "goto thread" on this topic. There are no other competing threads on FT regarding the effects of the US Shutdown on border security and Canadian news continues to run reports of long pre-clearance lines where very few have actually been reported to actually exist.
This is the Air Canada forum so no, it's not the place to discuss WS or DL as there are other dedicated FT forums for those airlines in which to discuss matter affecting their passengers. General discussion of Canadian airport security can and should be held in the Canada forum. Anyone wanting to talk with me further about it can send me a PM.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold
YYZ T1, Friday 3:30pm. Post-Global Entry line was maybe 20 people with one and then two agents examining receipts. Non-GE looked busier with five lanes open and maybe 50 people in line.

I had to go to secondary and the room was empty. An Air Canada rep came by to take my name and flight info (in case I got delayed, I guess?) but I was out in a few minutes.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
YYZ T1 about 12 min curbside to lounge with Nexus. 3 min wait at security and 1 person ahead of me at desk collecting the Global Entry slip. This was a Tuesday around 4:15pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.