Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Rap win 105-92 to grab a 3-1 stranglehold on the NBA finals. Yay Rap!
canopus27 and jc94 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by tcook052
Rap win 105-92 to grab a 3-1 stranglehold on the NBA finals. Yay Rap!
And there we have it folks, fat ladies all warmed up.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
THE BOYS ARE COMING HOME
THE BOYS ARE COMING HOME

And they are gonna win it - at home!!!!
tcook052 and jc94 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: HH Silver
I vividly recall the heady days of the Oiler dynasty days of the early 80's and how electric the town was in the finals so imagine it's like that for Toronto except with social media.

When they win the title is it as big or bigger than a World Series win for Jays?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
I vividly recall the heady days of the Oiler dynasty days of the early 80's and how electric the town was in the finals so imagine it's like that for Toronto except with social media.

When they win the title is it as big or bigger than a World Series win for Jays?
A win will be at least as big as the Jays win was at the time, and it will be as well remembered & celebrated over time as the world series championship is still remembered & talked about.

Summary: I think the town will go bonkers
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Great game. Came back with poise after being down and poor shooting in the first qtr. Too much celebrating with friends :-)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:01 am

Sooo, I was asked, before leaving, to fix an eye on a stuffed animal belonging to the children of the family hosting us.

no problem, I had brought some tiny superglue tubes.

When I was finished, I screwed on the cap and stuffed it in my pocket.

Despite being a metal tube, they don’t set off the airport’s metal detectors.

During my flight, I get up to go to the washroom and feel something sharp. I reach into my pocket to pull out whatever is stabbing me and instead get a helping of superglue on my fingers. Nothing sharp, just the nearly identical sensation of debonding skin from clothes was all.

Due to pressure change or just movement, the superglue’s cap came loose.

Luckily, despite instinctively rubbing my fingers together, I didn’t glue any together on the flight, nor did I glue any fingers to the headrest of any empty seats. And my passport in the same pocket was unscathed, far from home.

My phone’s fingerprint reader isn’t recognizing me very well anymore.

My pants and boxers may be a 1 piece now.

tl;dr: air travel and half full tubes of superglue don’t mix.

2nd pro-tip: contact lens solution tubes with flip-top caps suck on flights. The generic bottles with screw-tops are much better.
pewpew and canadiancow like this.

Last edited by tecate55; Jun 9, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My ethyl 2-cyanoacrylate was flagged once.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
KD still out for tonights game. Hopefully Klay will be too.
KD practicing today.
Looks like it will be game time decision tomorrow?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
A night of fun has caused my newly-replaced iron ring to go missing
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Happened to my father - lost his iron ring in a bucket of buttered popcorn.
You just missed reunion weekend at UW where the camp had a ring replacement booth.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad

KD practicing today.
Looks like it will be game time decision tomorrow?
They keep saying that but he never plays. I will believe it when I hear he had a full contact scrimmage which again they promise will happen tomorrow. Distraction.
I think he does not want to risk an extended injury before contract negotiations.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
But have you ever woken up wearing someone else's iron ring?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Originally Posted by flyquiet
You just missed reunion weekend at UW where the camp had a ring replacement booth.
You would think that people with the educational background to earn an iron ring would have some skills in measurement and choosing parts suitable for a purpose.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I just got this ring on April 29. I managed to go almost 9 years without losing mine, and now I can't even make it 2 months.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
You would think that people with the educational background to earn an iron ring would have some skills in measurement and choosing parts suitable for a purpose.
There's nothing wrong with the ring. The problem is "hey can I see your ring" and then everyone forgets about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.