Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I just watched someone spend a solid 3 minutes furiously trying to get her 110 volt iPhone plug into a 220 socket. I really wish I was kidding.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:02 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I just watched someone spend a solid 3 minutes furiously trying to get her 110 volt iPhone plug into a 220 socket. I really wish I was kidding.

220, 221 - whatever it takes.

Last edited by Bohemian1; May 30, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Those chargers can handle either voltage.
expert7700 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: HH Silver
How re-volting.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My friend traded her dildo for a tattoo on Bunz. She then referred me (to join Bunz)... I guess this is not an atypical Bunz transaction, having read up on various things and "services" being traded.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Those chargers can handle either voltage.
Sure, with the proper adapter. It's thoroughly amusing (and discouraging) to watch someone attempt to plug the "wrong" one in without said adapter. For 3 minutes. Furiously.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
My friend traded her dildo for a tattoo on Bunz. She then referred me (to join Bunz)... I guess this is not an atypical Bunz transaction, having read up on various things and "services" being traded.
I got nothing. (ETA: I don't know how to top that)
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Like this, you mean?

Old May 30, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ffsim

I got nothing. (ETA: I don't know how to top that)
Maybe that's a good thing?
ffsim likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This city is going nuts
Old May 30, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This city is going nuts
Which city are you in right now, SF? And... why? Basketball?
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soft Contact Lenses - expired

I have a pack of unopened but expired contact lenses (by a couple years)... they are still airtight sealed and unopened in their individual saline pockets.

If I open them and clean them by soaking them in contact lens disinfecting solution overnight, do you think/know if it will be OK to wear them the next day? (read: I'm not going to get an eye infection or go blind)
Old May 30, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have a pack of unopened but expired contact lenses (by a couple years)... they are still airtight sealed and unopened in their individual saline pockets.

If I open them and clean them by soaking them in contact lens disinfecting solution overnight, do you think/know if it will be OK to wear them the next day? (read: I'm not going to get an eye infection or go blind)
I know a way to find out, that is 100% safe for me.
ffsim, canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Yay Rap! Solid 9-point victory in Game 1 for a notoriously slow starting team.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Yay Rap! Solid 9-point victory in Game 1 for a notoriously slow starting team.
Yeah that was the definition of a solid win. No collapse. All confidence.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Finally had the time to put together the shots from Hawaii, hope you guys will enjoy them (and relax,calm back down after that amazing game by the raps!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.