Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Was courtside for Saturday's Raptors game after watching the Jays win 7-1 from the TD box or whatever club thing... fell asleep half way through... waste of a seat on me I think. How does one gain an interest for sports like these?
Which game did you fall asleep through? Baseball for me is a good chance to catch up with people as well as watch a bit of the game lol.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Realize I never reported back.

Mama had a healthy baby boy last week. Not an uneventful delivery as they usually are but in the end all will be fine.

Should be announcing number 8 in 20-22 months given our pattern.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

Mama had a healthy baby boy last week. Not an uneventful delivery as they usually are but in the end all will be fine.

Congratulations, sir!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:50 pm

Pro Parenting Tips from WTME - 2nd Weekly Installment

Precursor to this weeks tip is to remind parents that we can never take ourselves too seriously nor concern ourselves with the opinions of others. Parenting is a personal thing and differs with every child.

When you have had just about enough of your child(ren) having unnecessary tantrums about your unwillingness to purchase cookies or ice cream and it reaches the point that they have hurled themselves on the floor of the grocery store aisle, lay down beside them and start screaming along with them. I assure you it will stop. Immediately.

Learned this gem some years back. Had to pull it out of the Rolodex this past week.
nomadic.relief and jasdou like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Congratulations, sir!
Thank you, sir.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Precursor to this weeks tip is to remind parents that we can never take ourselves too seriously nor concern ourselves with the opinions of others. Parenting is a personal thing and differs with every child.

When you have had just about enough of your child(ren) having unnecessary tantrums about your unwillingness to purchase cookies or ice cream and it reaches the point that they have hurled themselves on the floor of the grocery store aisle, lay down beside them and start screaming along with them. I assure you it will stop. Immediately.

Learned this gem some years back. Had to pull it out of the Rolodex this past week.
I know nothing about parenting, but this sounds brilliant.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan
When my kids were I little I subscribed to the Churchill-ian method of parenting: "Never Surrender!" They learned at a very young age that crying never got them what they wanted. They also learned my other mantra: "Whiners get nothing."

I wonder why the older two are in counselling now...

Anyway, congrats on your latest arrival Mr. WTME. Soon you'll be able to found your own town.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

Have you figured out what causes it yet?

Also, NotEnoughEurope?
Old May 1, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Have you figured out what causes it yet?

Also, NotEnoughEurope?
I am relentlessly seeking the answer to that question.
smallmj likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:46 pm

Congratulations

Originally Posted by smallmj
When my kids were I little I subscribed to the Churchill-ian method of parenting: "Never Surrender!" They learned at a very young age that crying never got them what they wanted. They also learned my other mantra: "Whiners get nothing."

I wonder why the older two are in counselling now...

Anyway, congrats on your latest arrival Mr. WTME. Soon you'll be able to found your own town.
I agree with this method.

In other news, to refer back to a topic from a few weeks ago had a random message from a recruiter and so being curious I took a call. After about 5 minutes the topic of remuneration came up. Basically $5k less than I took home last year, with no bonuses, and a drop in PTO and no details on if one can take unpaid leave. Now sure apparently they have a great work/life balance setup but I'm not looking to drop my salary right now even if it means I work much less.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
In other news, to refer back to a topic from a few weeks ago had a random message from a recruiter and so being curious I took a call. After about 5 minutes the topic of remuneration came up. Basically $5k less than I took home last year, with no bonuses, and a drop in PTO and no details on if one can take unpaid leave. Now sure apparently they have a great work/life balance setup but I'm not looking to drop my salary right now even if it means I work much less.
At least you were able to make that determination from the first call
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
At least you were able to make that determination from the first call
Yeah, my aim going in was to get that answered in short order otherwise were just wasting each others time.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

24left and yyznomad are heading out west...

24left and yyznomad are heading out west!
where they end up is anyone's guess!

oink oink! Splonk wonk!
lots of MLL sausage and omelette food fart pr0n to follow! Wah wah.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:35 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

oink oink! Splonk wonk!
I'm not sure if this is cute or creepy.

Maybe it's the "oinks".

Umm, have fun?
Old May 3, 2019, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver

oink oink! Splonk wonk!
How far West? Just curious...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.