Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Holy crap it's thunder snowing in downtown centre of universe!
Yea that surprised me as well. The snow a few hours ago was also pretty intense.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Snow? But it's almost April!

You guys in Central Canada are truly hard core.

Although I may have burned my nose today driving around with the top down.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
In case anyone is wondering, the long and dainty fingers aren't mine. They belong to my daughter.
I note for the record that you're not denying that you have long & dainty fingers .... Just that this particular picture is not a picture of them
canadiancow and smallmj like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:10 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Hey guys!

I bought a Juneyao Airlines ticket last week. The ticket was issued with 018 stock.

It seemed familiar, so I looked it up. 018 - Canadian Airlines

Didnt know where to bring my question... nor what my question would be... thought it was pretty odd though.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Hey guys!

I bought a Juneyao Airlines ticket last week. The ticket was issued with 018 stock.

Didnt know where to bring my question... nor what my question would be... thought it was pretty odd though.
The IATA designator got re-used too. CP is now compass air.

Also JD used to be for JAS, the third largest airline of Japan back then. It’s now for Beijing Capital Airlines.
seanthepilot likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Snow? But it's almost April!

You guys in Central Canada are truly hard core.

Although I may have burned my nose today driving around with the top down.
Rather unexpected indeed, I was gonna light the BBQ too. I wonder how YYZ fared.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Hey guys!
There's a travel agent in Eastern Ontario with a large Canadian Airlines logo sign still on a sign outside
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have this twisted feeling of wanting the buds to lose all remaining games and habs to win all their remaining games.

In other news, I learned how to play the Alexander Siloti piano reduction of the Waltz from Sleeping Beauty (Tchaikovsky, Op. 66, Act I, No. 6) this week. The reprise of the main theme was the most difficult with the left hand melody and the right hand leaps.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I think for the first time in awhile, AFAIK, nobody got punked here... well, at least those currently in EDT.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice.
No. 48 gets called up, and scores.

Added: and Jays being nono'd so far bot 7
More added: Hess (BAL) pulled after 130+ pitches and having perfect game broken by a walk
and more: nono broken bot 7

more!: and buds clinch, no. 91 exacts revenge!

Last edited by yyznomad; Apr 1, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Farewell, Superman11. A fan fav.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Indeed. Not much left of the old team. Hopefully the young fellows will remember that they are supposed to hit the little round thing with the big wooden stick sometime soon. Rebuilds can be painful but I have hope that this one will eventually work out well.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smallmj
Indeed. Not much left of the old team. Hopefully the young fellows will remember that they are supposed to hit the little round thing with the big wooden stick sometime soon. Rebuilds can be painful but I have hope that this one will eventually work out well.
Here's to hoping.
I still need my '15/'16 fix. Especially '15. (sick of rewatching the same YouTube vids for that nostalgic injection)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Pillar?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94

Pillar?
Yep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.