Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
April 1.

But the bills are piling up and I haven't been paid in 3 weeks.

Though I am flying to Germany this weekend.

Maybe Austin the weekend after.
You seem very stressed by the bills.

Glad you've had a break and got to enjoy some time. I'm also glad you're going back to being a working stiff so I can hate you a touch less.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
At least buds played a dominating game despite "barely" winning. Just another tease before the playoffs.
Anyone care to wager on the habs chances of scraping and crawling into the last wild card spot?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
At least buds played a dominating game despite "barely" winning. Just another tease before the playoffs.
Anyone care to wager on the habs chances of scraping and crawling into the last wild card spot?
I am a Habs fan and I am not holding my breath. However they have outperformed my preseason expectations. I least I am not an Oiler fan who thinks they still have a chance to make the playoffs
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I wish I could have @24left on retainer to help me search the forum. That's all.

You may return to your non AC/AE/FT discussions.

@WaytoomuchEurope
You rang?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by AltaBound
I am a Habs fan and I am not holding my breath. However they have outperformed my preseason expectations. I least I am not an Oiler fan who thinks they still have a chance to make the playoffs
I am an Oilers fan but not one of those who climb to the belief that somehow they'll make the playoffs this year.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AltaBound
They definitely outperformed many sports analysts' expectations! I still think Mr. B. is a smug (but well-dressed!) [insert noun expletive]

Originally Posted by tcook052
I am an Oilers fan but not one of those who climb to the belief that somehow they'll make the playoffs this year.
Hipefully next year, sans Chiarelli, things will finally turn around. How many first and second round picks are they currently in line for? Or were they all traded away except for maybe the lottery?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hipefully next year, sans Chiarelli, things will finally turn around. How many first and second round picks are they currently in line for? Or were they all traded away except for maybe the lottery?
IIRC at least one 1st and one 2nd round pick but some of the 3rd & 4th rounders were traded away. I'm hopeful they hire a competent GM who hand-picks a coach preferably before the draft and everyone gets on the same page.
AltaBound likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 24left
@WaytoomuchEurope
You rang?
I did! Looking for threads to ask Nexus questions as I have FINALLY received my card. I am FT's all-time worst forum searcher.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
IIRC at least one 1st and one 2nd round pick but some of the 3rd & 4th rounders were traded away. I'm hopeful they hire a competent GM who hand-picks a coach preferably before the draft and everyone gets on the same page.
"How many first rounders does it take..."
I remember the last time I was rooting for the Oilers in the playoffs... IIRC, 2006? But they were in it a few (?) years ago... and disappeared quickly like the Leafs, IIRC.

I did! Looking for threads to ask Nexus questions as I have FINALLY received my card. I am FT's all-time worst forum searcher.
Most of them are in the other forums... and there are many NEXUS threads in them!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:01 am
Suspended

Well, for Nexus try the FT Trusted Travelers forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/

As for being the worst forum-searcher.......
IMHO "search" is about a few things:
1. Understanding the limits of FT search and using other search formats/engines etc
2. Brain-wiring. Some people just have the ability to come up with the right keywords to make any search slightly more efficient. Others can't.
3. Effort: some people will put in the effort to try and search for things. Others won't. Same applies to all other areas of life, notwithstanding personal preferences in how one lives.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:05 am

Well, for Nexus try the FT Trusted Travelers forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/

As for being the worst forum-searcher.......
IMHO "search" is about a few things:
1. Understanding the limits of FT search and using other search formats/engines etc
2. Brain-wiring. Some people just have the ability to come up with the right keywords to make any search slightly more efficient. Others can't.
3. Effort: some people will put in the effort to try and search for things. Others won't. Same applies to all other areas of life, notwithstanding personal preferences in how one lives.
I like you and I really like Kit-Kats so I'll accept the slight from you and even agree - I do indeed have faulty brain-wiring and am indeed supremely lazy.

Thanks for the help.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-FT specific chatting...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:07 am
Suspended

I like you and I really like Kit-Kats so I'll accept the slight from you and even agree - I do indeed have faulty brain-wiring and am indeed supremely lazy.

Thanks for the help.

Back to your regularly scheduled non-FT specific chatting...
Awwwwww, thanks. The slight wasn't directed at you, it was a reference to the human condition and MY OWN failures at searching for things (you'd be surprised at what I can't find) - which is a form of "regularly scheduled non-FT specific chatting". lol
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Awwwwww, thanks. The slight wasn't directed at you, it was a reference to the human condition and MY OWN failures at searching for things (you'd be surprised at what I can't find) - which is a form of "regularly scheduled non-FT specific chatting". lol
Is there a correlation between your search ability and the availability (or lack thereof) of Kit Kats?
YYC traveler likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jc94

Is there a correlation between your search ability and the availability (or lack thereof) of Kit Kats?
I rarely have Kit Kats in close proximity when doing searches.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE
I rarely have Kit Kats in close proximity when doing searches.
So you are saying that Kit Kats are your kryptonite, effectively shutting down your searching skills when you are in close contact with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.