Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYT82
What a comeback by the Leafs!
Yep. JVR hattie to no avail.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Technically not homophones, but the interchange of loose for lose really annoys me and causes me to think less of the writer.

There, I said it.
Glad I’m not the only one who feels like this. I feel like I need to send half of my staff back to high school english class; including some of the “senior staff”.

Another pet peeve: people who don’t proof read.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ugh took the wrong cough syrup... up all night.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ugh took the wrong cough syrup... up all night.
Wrong how? Up in the middle of the night also.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Wrong how? Up in the middle of the night also.
I took the day version instead of night! buzzed on caffeine.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Catastrophic outing for the Habs.

McDavid, on the other hand... that guy’s got wheels #shorty
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Took a ton of pics of videos in Hawaii and thought you guys might be interested. Selected what I thought was the best pics and divided them among three albums based off the islands I visitsed
Overall it was one of the best trip I ever had (and also a first time J paying Rev pax lol, also first Downgrade)

O'ahu
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wMaKL3H8jGpnwN6y5

Kaua'i
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LeJxn3uKvCvzPS8r5

The Big Island
https://photos.app.goo.gl/okdPM5Nbmnp6hCv88
pewpew likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Took a ton of pics of videos in Hawaii and thought you guys might be interested. Selected what I thought was the best pics and divided them among three albums based off the islands I visitsed
Overall it was one of the best trip I ever had (and also a first time J paying Rev pax lol, also first Downgrade)

Jack
Gorgeous photos and scenery. Thanks for sharing.
My favourite is the slow motion 14 sec video clip of the water splashing up against the rocks in the Oahu album.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
Catastrophic outing for the Habs.

McDavid, on the other hand... that guy’s got wheels #shorty
ditto with the buds

they deserve to tank with yet another pathetic outing against a lowly sens

I hope they rid everyone of misery by getting swept by the bears.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone else with an (almost) teen daughter who has a go to song or playlist when she wants the household to know that her life is miserable?

Is it bad that it makes me laugh to myself?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Anyone else with an (almost) teen daughter who has a go to song or playlist when she wants the household to know that her life is miserable?

Is it bad that it makes me laugh to myself?
My biggest family music woe is that my 12 yo son has developed a taste for dance music. Ugh. Well at least it is not country.

And it okay to laugh a little, but keep an eye on her. Many teens struggle with depression, which is serious. History has shown me that I'm not very good at picking up on the signs.
flyquiet and WaytoomuchEurope like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's March 18. I haven't worked since Feb 28.

But today is the first full day where I actually don't have anything I need to do.

So I'm currently at the gym, outside or normal busy hours, and it's amazing.

Maybe later I'll even have a nap.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
!

Originally Posted by smallmj
My biggest family music woe is that my 12 yo son has developed a taste for dance music. Ugh. Well at least it is not country.

And it okay to laugh a little, but keep an eye on her. Many teens struggle with depression, which is serious. History has shown me that I'm not very good at picking up on the signs.
Dance music today is just pop music. Multi-billion dollar music genre. Don't hate on it 😁
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Just back from a family Mar break vac to Argentina. Loved Buenos Aires. And Iguazu Falls does make Niagara look meek. Every time I ordered a steak (almost everyday) seems like half a cow jumped on my plate. Wish I could speak a little Spanish.
jasdou likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by vernonc
Just back from a family Mar break vac to Argentina. Loved Buenos Aires. And Iguazu Falls does make Niagara look meek. Every time I ordered a steak (almost everyday) seems like half a cow jumped on my plate. Wish I could speak a little Spanish.
Think it was La Cabrera in EZE... best steak of my life. Think we also paid about $40 between two of us.

Mi Español es mal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.