Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
They definitely have been around the YYZ area (at least) for about a decade now (just not common I guess).... I used to rent them out of YYZ often!
I’m not often paying attention to other cars around YYZ (as in the airport I meant) as I tend to Uber or be in transit but definitely don’t recall seeing any when on the 401. Or may I just don’t pay attention enough lol.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

I’m not often paying attention to other cars around YYZ (as in the airport I meant) as I tend to Uber or be in transit but definitely don’t recall seeing any when on the 401. Or may I just don’t pay attention enough lol.
I haven't seen many in the area recently. Just saying that they certainly have been around here for awhile now though.
And the last time I did drive one was actually on the 401.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
What’s withall the Alberta complaining. I am walking to the YYC Do and it must be +14 degrees here.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well at least it's not 10-0.... yet.

Added: Well, not 10-1 yet. And we're losing vs. lowly Cavs... wut is happening.

Last edited by yyznomad; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Saw a smart car yesterday. Don’t recall ever seeing one before in Canada! Was near YYZ.
They came and left YVR some time ago. Used to be quite common but now I rarely see them.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
There used to be many Smart Cars, especially in downtown Toronto, as they were used by Cars2Go car sharing. But the company has since shut down ~Summer 2018. Not sure what happened to their fleet.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
I saw a Solo in Vancouver last week. That is one strange looking vehicle.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just got spanked by the (second) worst team, and the best team.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Getting spanked by Tampa is ok. The Cavs..
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Getting spanked by Tampa is ok. The Cavs..
exactly.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:00 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
They came and left YVR some time ago. Used to be quite common but now I rarely see them.
There are tons of Smart Cars in Vancouver if you include the multitude of Car2Go ridesharing cars.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Shout out to anyone else on AC458 YYZ-YOW currently sitting at a gate at YUL.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:31 am

TFW your phone alarm goes off on the train.

And when you have your earphones in so you assume it’s coming from them so don’t turn it off. Then realize the entire carriage can hear it.

/embarrassed
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
There are tons of Smart Cars in Vancouver if you include the multitude of Car2Go ridesharing cars.
Ah well I haven’t been in YVR in quite some time Still I thought I’d have noticed more around Toronto.

I still get a kick out of what NA defines as “best small car” being what Europe considers a full size
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
TFW your phone alarm goes off on the train.

And when you have your earphones in so you assume it’s coming from them so don’t turn it off. Then realize the entire carriage can hear it.

/embarrassed
If you were the GTA, I must ask.... were you in the quiet zone? I hear the 905ers have a special Go Train court system for those who violate quiet zone rules...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.