Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
This sucks! Flames playing good but losing 3-0 to the Leafs, with all the obnoxious Leafs fans (drunk NFLD’rs from Fort Mac)! I need another drink of single-malt!!
A couple of awkward bounces for the C that night. Not Rittich's best night.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by yyznomad
A couple of awkward bounces for the C that night. Not Rittich's best night.
Welcome back....

Rittich played pretty good, not much chance on the goals.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Welcome back....

Rittich played pretty good, not much chance on the goals.
Thanks. Seems like I haven't missed much here in the last month or so.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Wait you were gone?
vernonc and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wait you were gone?
Nice
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait you were gone?
Well, my name isn't Felicia, but yes.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I'm sure not much has changed in the 15 years you have been on FT. Happy belated FT anniversary Felicia!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sure not much has changed in the 15 years you have been on FT. Happy belated FT anniversary Felicia!
Thanks for the anniversary well-wishes.

As for the last 15 years here, yes, much has changed but I'll end my commentary there.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that was annoying. At least one point. Ugh.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Odd sentiment. I quite liked it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm guessing that the Leaf's lost in OT? At least they are still very likely to make the playoffs this year. They can save their real choking for the first round.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Odd sentiment. I quite liked it.
Yes, odd sentiment indeed. I guess we were even lucky to not lose in regulation.

Originally Posted by smallmj
I'm guessing that the Leaf's lost in OT? At least they are still very likely to make the playoffs this year.
Yep, the lost in OT. And yes they'll make the playoffs, unless they go on some 18-wheeler-off-the-cliff-style slump like in the previous decade(s),

They can save their real choking for the first round.
Annoying but I can't disagree.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Would anyone be interested in a YUL do on Friday May 17 or Saturday May 18? I need to book some flights, and I'm trying to decide if I should stay the weekend or just head right back to SFO.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Would anyone be interested in a YUL do on Friday May 17 or Saturday May 18? I need to book some flights, and I'm trying to decide if I should stay the weekend or just head right back to SFO.
I'd definitely try to make it out to one.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Interested, but will be in HKG
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.