The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 18, 9:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tcook052
Wiki Link
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 30, 19, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by songsc View Post
Anyone know what’s going on at YYZ right now? Looks like all the aircrafts are using RWY05 for take off. I was near Humber College and every 45 seconds or so there was an aircraft flying over.
So it isn't just me. I was staying there for an annual conference a week ago and I thought it seemed a bit more active in that direction.
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Jays Sanchez has another brutal outing to end June with an ERA of 12.00 in the month.
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Guess who booked a NZ ski trip without checking ski conditions or general historical weather.

This guy.

Live from ZQN,
canadiancow
pewpew and WaytoomuchEurope like this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Guess who booked a NZ ski trip without checking ski conditions or general historical weather.

This guy.

Live from ZQN,
canadiancow
You ski? Did I know that?

For your next trip, I recommend MMJ (Hakuba Happo One)
Or SCL (Valle Nevado)

canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:51 am

yyznomad - how was skiing in Chile? What time of year did you go / is generally best?
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
yyznomad - how was skiing in Chile? What time of year did you go / is generally best?
Loved it. Most of the resort is above the tree line so you get all these massive bowls and amazing scenery.
IIRC, I went in early August. Perfect time to go, IMHO.
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:09 am

Right on. Have yet to go there but it's on the list!
Skiied Japan (Hokkaido) in Feb for the first time and it was incredible. Maybe try Hakuba next year.
+ the Onsen lifestyle is pretty awesome.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
Right on. Have yet to go there but it's on the list!
Skiied Japan (Hokkaido) in Feb for the first time and it was incredible. Maybe try Hakuba next year.
+ the Onsen lifestyle is pretty awesome.
Ah, would love to try out CTS area one day. And yes to all things Japan.
But I'm spoiled... still very happy with Sunshine, Heavenly, Whistler... just as long as it is the left coast.
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Ah, would love to try out CTS area one day. And yes to all things Japan.
But I'm spoiled... still very happy with Sunshine, Heavenly, Whistler... just as long as it is the left coast.
Revelstoke!
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PB53x11 View Post
Revelstoke!
I actually haven't Revelstoke yet. One day soon, hopefully.
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
Heavenly
Heavenly is great, but if you're in Tahoe head to Kirkwood. It doesn't get the traffic from tourists and is far enough south to get different weather than Heavenly/Squaw/Northstar. The terrain is more advanced and not beginner friendly, particularly when the backside is open.
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat
I actually haven't Revelstoke yet. One day soon, hopefully.
Best place on earth, if you hit it right! Light, fluffy powder, great bowls and tree runs, and huge vertical (5600!). Plus although it's in the middle of nowhere it's not too bad to get to from YLW.
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
You ski? Did I know that?

For your next trip, I recommend MMJ (Hakuba Happo One)
Or SCL (Valle Nevado)

My last ski trip before April was December 2014, so I can appreciate how many people had no idea

But yes, I do.
Old Jul 1, 19, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Jays Sanchez has another brutal outing to end June with an ERA of 12.00 in the month.

Yes as my son and I were there watching and crying.........it was painful to watch live!
Old Jul 1, 19, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr View Post
Yes as my son and I were there watching and crying.........it was painful to watch live!
He hasn't won a game since April. Since his outstanding 2016 season, he's only made 46 starts over 2.5 seasons so that seems enough time that it just isn't working and the Jays need to do something with him.

Search this Thread