Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
NBA's official "Last Two Minute Reports" says the Game 5 non-call on Cousins for an alleged shooting foul committed against Gasol, should've been called.
Direct from the NBA's mouth.
Officiating in every sport has really taken a beating in recent weeks.

Any projections for tonight’s game?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ffsim

GSW and the refs win Thurs game and back home for game 7. Though I would love to be wrong and Raps win Thurs
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Ha. I actually forgot they were playing tonight.
I think it will go to Game 7, unfortunately.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by vernonc
GSW and the refs win Thurs game and back home for game 7. Though I would love to be wrong and Raps win Thurs
Ha. I actually forgot they were playing tonight.
I think it will go to Game 7, unfortunately.
Sorry boys, was talking about St Louis @ Boston... the Raptors’ game 6 should be tomorrow.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Sorry boys, was talking about St Louis @ Boston... the Raptors’ game 6 should be tomorrow.
Oh right ha!

I want STL to win but I have a feeling BOS will again persevere (plus home ice but that hasn't proven anything). I can't stand them.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:05 pm

Oh right ha!

I want STL to win but I have a feeling BOS will again persevere (plus home ice but that hasn't proven anything). I can't stand them.
My thoughts precisely
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I predict the Jays will lose to Baltimore tonight as they battle their way down to the sub-sub-sub basement of the league.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
A colleague in Europe who knows nothing about it says Raps will win by 20 tomorrow.

I mention this because the same guy said US would best Thailand 10-0 yesterday. And that was the score, for about 2 minutes.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94
A colleague in Europe who knows nothing about it says Raps will win by 20 tomorrow.

I mention this because the same guy said US would best Thailand 10-0 yesterday. And that was the score, for about 2 minutes.
Ok, but your colleague knows something about footy, right?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE
Weather for the weekend looks like crap. I might need to stock up on scotch and Kit Kats to get through it.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My thoughts precisely
I'm glad that we were wrong.

(and ugh another ex-bud will win the cup... oh well, I like him better than Kessel anyway )
ffsim likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Looks like BOS ain't getting the Cup.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYT82
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YYT82
Yeah, poor Marchand won't get another cup. Yay Blues!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Yeah, poor Marchand won't get another cup. Yay Blues!
I am very pleased.
O'Reilly dropping the F-bomb on live TV (he apologized for being so amped up) LOL
tcook052 and ffsim like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.