Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Holy cow, Mike Trout!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, right?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: TK *G
Apparently ICBC is something very popular in Vancouver? If it’s the bank then I am only aware of one branch in GTA. The Markham one on highway 7.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
Apparently ICBC is something very popular in Vancouver? If it’s the bank then I am only aware of one branch in GTA. The Markham one on highway 7.
Yeah, public (well, crown) version of auto/personal insurance and whatever else.
songsc likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah, public (well, crown) version of auto/personal insurance and whatever else.
That’s the one I was referring to.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Especially when pop/rock/contemporary songs lift (always respectfully) from classical.

Immediate examples that come to mind:
Anything by ELP. Or at least E of ELP.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RangerNS
TIL.
I had to look that one up. Pretty cool.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Buds deserve to lose all remaining games and drop to last wild card (so that they get trampled by TB in the first round) or out of a playoff spot.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RangerNS
or ELO.....
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Buds deserve to lose all remaining games and drop to last wild card (so that they get trampled by TB in the first round) or out of a playoff spot.
so, what you are saying is it would be better to lose to the Lightning than fo lose to Marchand again?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller

so, what you are saying is it would be better to lose to the Lightning than fo lose to Marchand again?
YEP. Plus I'm sure no bud wants to be licked by him.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I wish I could have @24left on retainer to help me search the forum. That's all.

You may return to your non AC/AE/FT discussions.
24left and smallmj like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fantastic. On track to lose another one. And to another lowly EC team.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
@canadiancow does your early retirement end soon? I will be glad when you go back to work so that my envy may decrease.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
@canadiancow does your early retirement end soon? I will be glad when you go back to work so that my envy may decrease.
April 1.

But the bills are piling up and I haven't been paid in 3 weeks.

Though I am flying to Germany this weekend.

Maybe Austin the weekend after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.